Support a major critical application or group of related critical applications within the Application Delivery Services (ADS) group as a technical expert. Work at the highest level of software development. Articulate technical concepts to all levels of management. Perform as a technical manager and lead work on all phases of software development in the organization's systems infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Work as a top-level technical expert with clients, analysts, programmers and other team members to develop technical solutions to complex business problems.
2. Handle complex program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
3. Ensure user experience considerations are incorporated into the program design and delivered solution.
4. Conceive, design and support applications with n-tier architectures with a solid understanding of Services Oriented Architecture.
5. Instruct, direct and quality assure the work of other developers and analysts.
6. Gather client requirements, analyze, design and create complex application solutions.
7. Prepare detailed specifications from which complex programs will be written.
8. Develop and integrate complex application code to meet the design specifications for moderate to complex enhancements or change requests.
9. Perform thorough unit testing and correct identified defects.
10. Work with the testing team to resolve issues and to ensure software quality.
11. Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
12. Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommend purchases and testing and approving products.
13. Provide application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and on-call support.
14. Stay abreast by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment.
15. Participate in educational opportunities, read professional publication, maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations.
16. Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
17. Recommend improvements to existing software programs.
18. Develop software solutions by studying information needs, confer with users, study systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigate problem areas and follow the software development lifecycle.
19. Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle Standards (SDLCS) and all applicable Data and Technology Services Policies and Standards.
20. Display expert knowledge of continuous integration practices, source code management and deployment strategies.
21. Regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent education and related training
2. 10 years of experience and high proficiency with the following Information Technologies:
• Information security best practices
• Information Technology performance/scalability principles
• Relational database technologies
• Principles of a service oriented architecture
• Mainframe, distributed, Web, and/or networking technologies
• Design tools and techniques
• Application development methodologies
• Technology testing and change implementation best practices
3. Highly competent communications and software development skills
4. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
5. Ability to lead, direct and train teams of ADS Developers and Systems Analysts and others
6. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
7. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
What is Truist? BB&T and SunTrust have joined forces to become Truist. We’re combining the best of each company to bring you better experiences, better partnerships and better technology to offer even more ways to help grow your financial confidence. With more than 275 years of combined history through our legacy brands, BB&T and SunTrust, Truist is now one of the nation’s premier financial institutions, dedicated to building a better future for our clients, teammates and communities.
Truist Financial Corporation (NYSE: TFC) is a purpose-driven company dedicated to building a better future for its clients, teammates and communities. With 275 years of combined BB&T and SunTrust history, Truist is one of the nation’s largest financial services holding companies offering a wide range of services including retail, small business and commercial banking; asset management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized lending and wealth management. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Truist serves approximately 10 million households with leading market share in many high-growth markets in the country. Truist Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more at Truist.com.
Scholarship program; competitive PTO policy; professional development programs.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.