Dow Jones publishes The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch and other thought-leadership publications to inform the ambitious individuals transforming our world.
Dow Jones is also leading its own transformation of the media business by investing in industry-first advertising experiences that drive performance for our advertisers via machine learning algorithms backed by powerful, unique first party data.
The DJ Ad Data team is looking for innovative thinkers who want to explore new technologies that can answer the most pressing business questions for both internal and external clients. Team members are effective communicators and thrive on cross-team collaborations to build great products that deliver big business impacts at global scale that are highly visible at the firm.
Dow Jones seeks a high impact Senior Product Manager to conceive, experiment and scale new ideas into world-class products transforming our digital ads business. Successful product leaders combine technical aptitude, business savvy and collaborative team spirit into disciplined execution of product strategies. These leaders look around corners to manage risks while identifying new opportunities in the digital ads marketplace that leverages Dow Jones' unique assets
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Through collaboration with key stakeholders, establish a product vision and execution strategy related to audience analytics and segmentation offerings
- Develop a product delivery roadmap that describes and prioritizes new product capabilities for engineering, marketing and operations teams.
- Define product user stories and non-functional requirements as an embedded member of the technical design and development team
- Lead the delivery program in partnership with multiple engineering, product, science, sales, marketing and operations teams to deliver against the roadmaps
- Analyze capabilities of external ad tech suppliers to identify potential new partners and stay current with industry trends.
Ready for the challenge? This is what we are looking for in broad strokes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably with digital businesses and a focus on ad audience data and segmentation
- 1+ years experience developing managing multi-stage program/product initiatives across business and tech workstreams.
- Experience in the digital advertising marketplace, including business processes, ad tech players and advertiser goals.
- Experience as product or program manager within Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated success presenting compelling recommendations to senior business management.
- Evidence-driven analytical mindset that prefers measurable outcomes to hyperbole
Here are some things that we'd prefer to see, though none is independently a requirement:
- A technical degree and/or technical minor.
- 2+ years experience in a product management role
- Experience with data analytics tools, such as Looker, Einstein Analytics, Spotfire, OBIEE, Cognos, Adobe, Google Analytics, Tableau, AWS QuickSight, Google Data Studio, SAS, Pivot Tables in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, or similar
- Experience providing product requirements and UAT contributions to data science projects
- Experience participating in projects that deliver market and/or audience segments
- Familiarity with data engineering technologies, such as SQL, Python, Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Presto, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, or similar
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Come help us revolutionize digital media! Are you a self starter who is energized by new challenges and enjoys a sense of accomplishment? Do you enjoy working with dynamic people in a highly collaborative, team environment? If so we want to speak with you.
Dow Jones is currently hiring “get-things-done” technologists with all levels of experience to help reinvent the way we develop products and deliver best in class digital solutions to all of our customers.
We are known for having the world’s best journalists and most expansive set of content. We are looking for versatile software, infrastructure and security engineers to join our team and become part of our evolving technology department. This is an opportunity to act as change agents and create a 21st-century product development team around our content. Like everyone else in our organization, you will be empowered to own your set of products. You will engage and collaborate with key stakeholders in creating and executing a vision, as well as supporting the results.
We currently support multi-platform products across many brands including The Wall Street Journal (WSJ), Barron’s, MarketWatch and Factiva.
Our philosophy: holistic benefits package
Here at Dow Jones we care for our people holistically. Whether it’s yoga classes on our 3rd floor New York office, fresh fruit at The Wall Street Journal snack bar, or an on-site day care center at our Princeton office – we care about you AND your family.
It starts here at Dow Jones:
We’ve created an open space – devoid of walls, barriers and offices to create a sense of community among our employees. Our on-site events (Digital Journalism conference, Women in Communications panel), pizza days, Blue Bottle espresso offerings and volunteer opportunities connect you with the broader vision of who we are as a global 5,000 strong news organization.
It evolves with your changing lifestyle:
Happy people are more productive, more creative and more insightful. Though a gym may suit your needs now, in 20 years’ time you’ll be thinking about elderly care for your parents. We know this, which is why our coverage includes care-taking resources for the aging.
Your contributions matter. Our benefits package is just another way we say “thank yo
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.