C2 Systems is currently seeking a Senior Radio Frequency Engineer responsible for telecommunication system engineering functions relating to RF/Wireless communications pertaining to in-building and outdoor, passive and active (Distributed Antenna System) systems. The incumbent will need to work with lower level engineers and project managers in various aspects of engineering relating to design, testing, product research and evaluation, site survey, and engineering drawing development. The incumbent will also perform various operational support functions such as parts procurement, equipment repair/return, inventory and documentation. Travel will be primarily within New England traveling to Customer locations on a daily basis (50-90% travel).
• Support turnkey DAS deployments as the project lead
• Interface with customers and vendors
• Orienting and training lower level employees in completing work assignments
• In-Building communication system design and optimization
• Evaluation and optimization of RF propagation prediction and data collection tools
• In-Building Distributed Antenna System (DAS) design & deployment
• RF propagation modeling and analysis
• 100MHz to 2.5 GHz - VHF, UHF, LMR, SMR, CELL, PCS, LTE, WiMAX
• Perform system tests using scanners, spectrum analyzers, transmitters, and other electronic test equipment
• Work hands on with system components such as antennas, fiber optics, coax, and RF amplifiers and receivers
• Radio Frequency Exposure Studies, Intermodulation and Interference Analysis
• Proposal Evaluation
• Wireless Carrier coordination
• Preventive Maintenance services
• Multi-task projects on a day-to-day basis
• Travel to various job sites within New England and other markets.
• Other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years’ experience with DAS installation/integration/optimization
• Level 2 iBwave certification or equivalent experience
• Must be familiar with various DAS OEM’s such as Commscope, Corning, JMA/Teko, ADRF and SOLID.
• Must have previous commissioning and integration experience.
• Project management experience
• Proficient in basic computer applications (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to learn quickly and understand technical materials
• A strong understanding of fundamental engineering principles and the ability to effectively work on multiple engineering projects simultaneously
• Requires knowledge of radio frequency and fiber optic communication technology
• Must be able to work effectively within a diverse work force including engineers, project managers, skilled craft workers, consultants, customers, and regulatory agency personnel
• Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills to be able to effectively communicate complex issues with peers, supervisors, and managers. Must be authorized to work in the US, be willing to travel 50-90%, have a clean driving record and be able to pass a company background check.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
With more than a decade of experience, customers rely on C2 Systems for projects at high visibility venues. When challenges and problems arise, our superior understanding of the technology is why customers call C2 Systems.
At C2 Systems we understand that our continued success is made possible by the dedication, enthusiasm, and teamwork of our employees. Our fast-paced environment provides the opportunity for self-motivated individuals to take on challenges and a make difference within our organization and the industry.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.