Why Work for Sigma
This is an ideal role for someone looking for a small, collaborative team environment, for someone who cares about supporting communities nationwide in the higher education space. As the data you will be working with is privileged, and we will help you get the proper clearance to work with it, we are seeking someone who is conscientious in their work. This is an opportunity to demonstrate your best practice knowledge. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Industry Subject Matter Expert) has the tremendous opportunity to drive and deliver the migration from legacy mainframe to the cloud.
What You Will Do
• Accountable to be the Industry Subject Matter Expert in installing OpenShift v4.x in IPI in an AWS Cloud environment with deep experience in microservices and CI-CD pipeline integration into OpenShift including JBOSS EAP
• Responsible to drive architectural decisions, develop guidance and best practices and deliver the technical capabilities especially around the areas of industry expertise
• Responsible for managing customer expectations, influencing key technical decisions, providing best practices and guiding architectural principles and leading communities of practice on key technology elements.
• Accountable for engineering, delivering and supporting all aspects of the AWS Gov. Cloud in alignment with NIST 800-53, FedRamp and Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Security Architecture standards.
• Responsible for training, mentoring and coaching other team members on the areas of his or her industry expertise
• Accountable for debugging cloud-based distributed systems (AWS)
• Accountable to architect, engineer, deliver and support all solutions as infrastructure as code (IaC) using Terraform in conjunction with various configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible)
• Responsible for leading the AWS environment performance management, logging, monitoring, reporting and Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) in conjunction with security policies to ensure compliance and meet audit requirements (Federal and otherwise) especially as it pertains to the areas of industry expertise.
• Responsible for supporting the CI/CD pipeline(s) across multiple organizations
• Embodies drives and influences the innovative DevOps mindset necessary to guide the future Cloud Native environment that will power its vision.
• Accountable to ensure that the Cloud Transformation results in the highly anticipated cost savings via strong architectural guidance, influencing key stakeholders and technologists to best practices and ensuring cost effective cloud environment operations
• Responsible as the last line of defense for 24x7x365 operational environment support for his or her area of industry expertise to ensure environment stability
• Able to quickly adapt, learn new technical and soft skills and provide training to other team members.
• Accountable for learning and becoming cross-functionally expert with other industry experts in other capabilities. For instance, if the candidate was a Cloud Database Expert, they may be asked to become a secondary expert for Kafka or Infrastructure as Code.
• Accountable for configuring key core technologies such as OpenShift, Kafka, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, MuleSoft, Ansible and other tools as needed to meet the needs of the organization’s cloud capabilities.
• Responsible for recommending, designing and configuring VPCs, Account Management, and other segregation, routing and security protocols within the Cloud.
• Containerization: OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes
• Agile & DevOps: SAFe Agile, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Continuous Process Improvement & Automation, DevOps & DevSecOps, Agile Release Trains (ART), Atlassian Jira, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) – TerraForm, Ansible, Scripting (Python, Bash, Perl)
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) Core: AWS Billing, AWS Core Technologies (EC2, S3), AWS Redshift, AWS ELB/ALB, AWS Performance Management, AWS CloudWatch, AWS VPCs
• Azure: Azure Core & Tenancy, Azure Billing
• Databases: NoSQL Databases (Mongo DB), Relational Databases (DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
• Platforms: MuleSoft, JBoss, Kafka
• General: Cloud Security Best Practices, Problem Solving Skills, REST/APIs/JSON, Experience with FedRamp & FSA, US Citizenship and Ability to gain 6C Federal Clearance
What Background You Should Have
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (AWS)
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
• MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Microsoft)
• Preferred Skills: Public Trust Security Clearance or Higher (6C), Jenkins, GitLab, AppCenter, New Relic, ELK and Splunk, Selenium, Nexus, Team City, and Agile Project Management
Benefits of working for Sigma:
• Comprehensive healthcare/prescription coverage with substantial company premium contributions
• Dental & Vision Coverage with substantial company premium contributions
• Health Savings Account with substantial company premium contributions
• 401(k) retirement plan with traditional and Roth options/immediate vesting with significant match to contributions
• Supplemental short-term disability and life insurance coverage options
• 18 days of PTO per year to start
• 8 paid holidays
• Sponsorship Available
This role is performed in an office with heavy computer work that requires the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing – including frequent talking, hearing, writing, typing, reading, and significant comprehension. The employee frequently is also required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, and reach with arms/hands.
Sigma Resources LLC is an EOE/Veterans/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Military Friendly Employer
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.