Senior Software Engineer
edX is an open source educational software startup venture between MIT and Harvard. We are adding senior full stack software engineers to join a team responsible for building the world's leading learning destination site and platform. Our platform allows millions of learners around the world the opportunity to access education across a variety of different subjects.
The Engagement Engineering Team at edX is seeking a senior software engineer to join a team that is responsible for scaling and building out a new platform for our learners. Your work will help learners around the world find and succeed in courses on edX, helping them achieve their goals.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Provide mentorship to team members and assist with feedback on code reviews
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle
- Commit to owning your code and supporting the customer facing environment
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of full-stack coding experience
- Ability to problem solve, drive projects with loosely defined requirements, communicate with stakeholders, and learn from both success and failure.
- Ability to share your knowledge with team members through mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, presentations, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Python and Django
- Experience building static websites (we use Gatsby and GraphQL).
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with Optimizely or similar A/B testing tools.
- Familiarity with experiment design and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of SEO.
- Experience with accessibility best practices and compliant front-end development standards.
- Familiarity with open source frameworks.
- An interest in enabling and integrating open source contributions.
- BS in Computer Science or related experience.
edX is an MIT startup company that offers highly competitive benefits and retirement plans, a pension program, free lunches every day, and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.