Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
• Takes day to day direction from Program Management and acts as a supporting function to the P&L organization.
• Participates in the design, development, planning modification and/or improvement of software systems in accordance with Cubic engineering procedures.
• Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions. Performs complex analysis of design programming.
• Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and advanced technology theory and knowledge.
• Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents. Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedules and technical approaches.
• Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment. Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Test and documents results.
• Prepares and develops software, codes software and design specific enhancements.
• Maintains liaison with the customers, coordinators, subcontractors and vendor representatives.
• Conducts in-House design reviews and technical meetings. Makes presentations before management and customers.
• Monitors project status and progress and measure system performance.
• Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering. Identifies software engineering process improvement and supports the execution of them across the organization.
• Provides mentorship to junior engineering staff.
• Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Minimum of five years of embedded software engineering experience
• Experience to include specification, design and development of software systems
• Proficiency using programming C and C++
• Preferred experience creating 3GPP complaint services
• Low power design and implementation experience
• Prefer experience implementing cyber-secure mobile devices and open systems
• Ability to develop software targeting Linux and Android, from device driver to application level
• Experience selecting technologies through trade analysis
• Experience designing and implementing embedded systems software on microcontrollers
• Proficient in using lab equipment and debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and multimeters
• Experience using automated test suites for embedded applications preferred
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems
• Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines
• Will be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.