The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
• Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
• Be a team player, someone who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
• Be able to work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
• Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-service APIs
• Maintain and extend existing on-premise software systems
• Be able to dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
• Bachelor’s (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master’s preferred
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market
Requirements and General Skills:
• Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience working in an agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and skills
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS (ECS, EC2, ECR, Lambda, VPC, S3, and IoT).
• Experience with Linux, HTTP, REST, JSON and IP technologies
• Experience with data driven applications and the technologies to manage big data
• Experience with development in an agile workflow utilizing TDD/BDD best practices in a continuous integration environment
• Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
• Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
SiriusXM is one of the world's largest audio entertainment companies and is among the largest subscription media companies in the US, offering an array of exclusive content to satisfy many interests.
Parking and transportation reimbursement program.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.