Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns. Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a senior full stack engineer, you will work with backend and frontend teams to build and support software modules across our application. The engineer will have end-to-end ownership over design and implementation of the software as well as the performance and scalability of the systems.
- Collaborate with business teams and provide early input to new product ideas and functionality
- Design, implement, test, and deploy reusable software libraries to support new and existing product features
- Verify and ensure performance of systems in response time and throughput.
- Design test framework and create automated test suite to reduce time to isolate production issues
- Design and maintain database schema for large scale and performant services
- Architect systems and refactor existing systems for optimal performance and reuse
- Deploy new features to production, automate manual processes, and extend self-service and administrative tools
- Participate in peer reviews and testing and contribute to automated test suites and in design reviews for new features, products, and systems
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Coding experience in server-side programming languages (Go, Python, Java, Ruby) as well as database languages (SQL)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Deep understanding of customer needs and passion for customer success
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Go programming language
- Past experience and success building scalable APIs or services
- Interest and experience in performance tuning, concurrency, microservices, security, data analytics, and web stack
- Experience integrating with APIs that use REST, SOAP and other technologies
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents)
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy + flexible work hours
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape the room” adventures, hikes, and more!
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.