ob Summary: This position requires a well-rounded software engineer that is willing to work in any area of the system that requires maintenance or new development. As part of a development team must be able to contribute to design decisions, issue triage and estimation. Apply software engineering skills for the development and maintenance of software systems for web based lottery systems. The candidate must be proficient in infrastructure analysis and design concepts and implementations.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop system requirements, technical designs, and implement logical solutions through the use of structured programming concepts and modern programming methods.
· Establish and maintain client confidence by delivering quality system solutions within project timelines and budgetary limits.
· Respond to System problem calls (24x7) in a timely manner in order to avoid system downtime.
· Interacts and works successfully with other team members as well as other departments.
· Evaluate requirements and translate to design and tasks, as well as implement browser based clients / server modules.
· Evaluate requirements and translate to design and tasks, as well as implement financial and ecommerce systems / server modules.
· Work with Lead Software Engineer to evaluate feature, schedule and resource trade-offs and make informed, long-term recommendations
· Work well with other Software Engineers, Leads and Manual to develop estimates and schedules for projects
· Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter in a focused software development team.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Position Requirements: Required Experience:
• 10 – 15 Years programming experience
• Experience with development tools including debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
• 7 of more years Java development
• 5 or more years developing on Unix (Debian / Ubuntu )
• 5 or more years of Kubernetes experience
• 5 or more years of Docker experience
• 5 or more years of C++ development experience
• 5 or more years SQL Database development experience
· Software design and architecture experience
· Web based client and server experience
· GitLab Source Control/Configuration Management
· High availability environment programming experience preferred
· Object Oriented programming, TDD, Design Patterns
· Knowledge of Android and iOS development is a plus.
· Strongly desired development experience with MS tools/languages like C# and SQL Server
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Strong teambuilding skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge regarding both Waterfall and Agile Development methodologies
• End to end software development lifecycle
• Office environment – heavy computer use
• The ability to move between projects with little notice and the ability to adapt quickly.
• Overtime and weekend hours may be required to meet project schedules.
• Travel Required.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.