We are looking for an experienced, dynamic senior software engineer to join our growing team who has expertise in the development of Command and Control software.
L3 Sonoma EO is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3 Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3 Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications.
L3 Sonoma EO is a dynamic and innovative business, open to new ideas and able to quickly transform new ideas into revolutionary technological improvements and new product offerings. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. We have openings for the Senior Software Engineer in our Santa Rosa, CA location and in our Pittsburgh PA (Brashear) location.
• Lead the design, development and testing of motion control software utilizing various software tools
• Lead in the debugging and unit testing of software products
• Perform systems modeling, simulation and analysis on complex software problems
• Design, develop, implement and test sensor control interface software
• Utilize published standards for product development from IEEE, MISB, OMS/UCI, & others
• Utilize MS Visual Studio, QNX, Linux, & Matlab/Simulink development tools
• Perform system modeling, simulation and analysis on complex software problems
• Conduct independent technical investigations of considerable complexity to improve system performance or solve difficult system requirements issues
• Analyze, develop and recommend design approaches to meet requirements of complex systems
• Coordinate with other functional engineers to develop and test products and resolve compatibility and interface problems with other subsystems
• Interface with other departments to participate in specification, design, code, and test reviews
• Follow & improve internal process to ensure proper conformance to established policies and procedures
• Provide timely production support and problem resolution
• Produce timely status reports and projections
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
• Review literature and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects
• Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
• Expert in controls programming utilizing tools such as C/C++/C#, RTOS (real time operating system), PPCs (PowerPC), DSPs (Digital Signal Processing), PLCs (Programmible Logic Controllers) and FPGAs (Field-programmable Gate Arrays)
• Experience with servo control and Matlab/Simulink
• Strong mechanical, mathematical, & geo-spatial comprehension skills
• Software development in a real time and non-real time environments
• Ability to work in a multi-discipline environment to create solutions that meet requirements and standards
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Creative, open-minded, a good communicator, and a good listener
• Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel
• Ability to logically address, analyze, and resolve problems
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Understanding of defense products for the environments and platforms L3 supports
• Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities with the ability to resolve conflicting priorities
Basic Qualifications & Education:
• Education – B.S. Degree in a software engineering-related discipline, M.S. Degree preferred
• Experience – 12+ years of related experience
• High level of expertise in at least 5 of the following areas and basic capability in the other areas:
o Programming in C/C++/C# languages (Java beneficial)
o Programming for Linux, Windows & QNX operating systems
o Servo control and Matlab Simulink development
o Inertial navigation programming
o OMS/UCI, MISB, STANAG protocols
o IP networking (Layer 2/3), LAN’s switching and routing
o Video transport and encoding (H.264, MISB and SMPTE standards)
o Video processing algorithms
o Software development process, software design, documentation, quality assurance during development, software unit and integration testing.
o CASE tools, development environments, test tools and configuration management.
o Complex prototype product support (installation, trouble-shooting, customer interface)
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
• Pre-employment federal level drug screening and background checks are standard
• E-Verify employer
• Some repetitive motion activities
• Visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information
• Able to use a computer/keyboard for extended periods of time
• May be required to lift up to 50 lbs, with assistance
• Able to use office & test equipment and computers/peripherals in a standard office & computer lab environment
• Fast paced, schedule-driven environment; Some stress related to making decisions with ambiguous information
• Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary –Domestic travel up to 10% required
Bringing the future into focus…
L3 Technologies is an agile innovator and leading provider of global ISR, communications and networked systems, and electronic systems for military, homeland security and commercial aviation customers. With headquarters in New York City and approximately 31,000 employees worldwide, L3 develops advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision and EO/IR, weapons, maritime systems and space. The company reported 2017 sales of $9.6 billion. To learn more about L3, please visit the company’s website at www.L3T.com.
To be considered you must apply online:
Enter Santa Rosa or Pittsburg in the Keyword search box and hit enter
L3 Sonoma EO is an equal opportunity employer –
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
With headquarters in New York City and approximately 31,000 employees worldwide, L3 develops advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision and EO/IR, weapons, maritime systems and space.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.