Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is looking for a new team member who is a self-motivated Software Engineer with a passion for electro-mechanical systems. You will be working with the Robotics and Electromechanical Systems Group to develop custom solutions in the fields of Robotics, Autonomy, Human-Machine Interface, Machine Vision, and Electromechanical System Design. We have numerous active research and development projects where we design, integrate, test, and deploy systems for a range of applications, including aircraft inspection, ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance), utility construction, medical training, IED/EOD operations, and simulation. We are looking to add expertise and talent to our multi-disciplinary team to continue to achieve success in all of these areas.
• Work closely with algorithm developers, and/or lead algorithmic development, to mature algorithms from MATLAB and C++ to real-time applications.
• Work closely with and/or lead FPGA engineers developing architecture/protocol to exchange control/data between ARM and FPGA using shared registers/memory, DMA/VDMA.
• Utilize and/or modify existing code bases and libraries; create and shape new functionality.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience of Linux system software development with build configuration and customization. Bonus for familiarity with embedded Linux.
• Installing and configuring embedded Linux, i.e. Yocto, Arch, Raspberry Pi (Raspian)
• Multi process/thread programming using techniques like Boost, C++11, and ASIO event driven when relevant.
• Toolchain & Compiler/Cross-Compiler Technologies for ARM/X86/X86_64/BareMetal
• Inter-System communication over TCP/UDP, Serial Interface
• Integration with common external interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART
• Strong background in math and physics
• Write clean, efficient, well-documented code
• Proficient with SCM tools such as SVN, GIT, and Mercurial
• Strong written and communication skills
• Familiar with common signal processing and/or image processing algorithms
• Experience with common middleware implementations that interchange data between algorithms and applications such as Robotic Operating System (ROS)
• Proficient optimizing ARM software using NEON
• Experience with prototyping, integrating, testing and deploying electromechanical systems
• Familiarity with the Xilinx/Petalinux SDK
• Profile/Optimize software to select/meet target platform
• Experience prototyping software based on conference/journal publications
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is a technology innovation company headquartered in Rockville, MD. For over 30 years, we have specialized in providing advanced technology solutions and R&D services to federal agencies and corporations throughout the United States and internationally. Leveraging agile R&D processes, a multi-disciplinary collaborative environment, and its substantial intellectual property portfolio, IAI excels in developing concepts into market-focused products and customer-driven solutions. IAI’s core R&D areas include: Air Traffic Management, Big Data and Social Media Analytics, Control and Signal Processing, Cyber Security, Education and Training Technologies, Health Technologies, Modeling and Simulation, Networks and Communications, Robotics, and Sensor Systems.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.