Purpose of Job:
The Senior Software Engineer I (Networking) will be responsible for writing embedded code in a team environment which includes research, design, debug, and test for next generation network management software systems while contributing to the existing product line.
- Designs, implements and debugs software for APCON network monitoring switches
- Partners with the product management and solutions team to develop innovative solutions for monitoring network traffic in data center
- Creates proof of concepts for validating design
- Responsible for creating written documentation associated with their software development efforts
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience with routing protocols, networking stack and packet forwarding architectures applications
- 5+ years of experience programming in C/C++
- 5+ years of experience implementing networking protocols
- Strong understanding of networking protocols and technologies used at Layer-2 and Layer-3
- Strong understanding of Linux networking stack – IP tables, TCP, Ethernet interfaces
- Expert understanding of L2 / L3 networking protocols and experience in L2 / L3 switching Architecture design
- Advance knowledge of switching, routing and packet encapsulation techniques
- Good knowledge of packet forwarding in Control and Data Path
- Strong Networking skills - VLANs, IP addressing, DNS, ARP, TCP/IP
- Ability to independently assess business requirements and build solutions under minimal supervision
- Ability implementing features used for packet routing or analysis in public/private cloud is plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate professionally across the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning, presentation, troubleshooting, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional customer support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
BS degree (BSEE or BSCS strongly preferred, MSCS a plus)
Travel: Occasionally, up to 25%
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid short and long term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy work-life balance and generous paid time off program
- Retirement savings match
- Professional development program
- Volunteer time off and employee assistance plan
- Collaborative and innovative work environment
- On-site exercise facility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, natural origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.