Are you motivated by the customer mission? Do you bring smart, strategic approaches to the table? Here at VMD, we understand the mission and work side by side with customers to articulate a vision for success, and then make it happen. We know success doesn’t happen by accident. It takes the right team of people, working together on the right solutions for the customer. Our team is one of the best in the business. Are you ready to join us?
VMD has an exciting opportunity for you to join as a Senior Software Engineer (.Net) working in our Arlington, VA office. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Leverage your passion to develop strong, functional, and efficient code across various platforms.
- Work on highly talented Agile team(s) to define architecture, design, build and implement solutions, and support development of public-facing web applications.
- Provide technical knowledge, analysis, and troubleshooting of database applications and their production environments.
- Consult with customer and external contract teams to meet program and release goals.
- 10 years hands-on experience with the below technologies, tools, and platforms:
- Framework(s): ASP.NET, .Net 4, Entity
- Front-end Development: ASP.NET, Bootstrap, AngularJS, MVC, AJAX, Web Services, Kendo
- Database(s): Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, SQLPlus, Toad
- Platform/Tools: Visual Studio, TFS, IIS, Windows Server, HTTPS, CLM, GitLab, Selenium
- Strong Agile, SDLC, and development process experience
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
- Specific Field of Study or Degree (if any): Computer Science or related
- Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? Yes
- Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 10
- Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 10
Minimum Clearance to Start: Ability to obtain and maintain Interim Secret
Work Status Allowable: US Citizenship
Required Certification(s): None
Travel: Little (less than 10%)
Telecommute Options: Dependent upon tenure & performance, inclement weather / government closure. If good performance, might approve 1-2 days at customer discretion
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of IT and Homeland Defense services to the U.S. Federal Government. Our passion is enabling our clients’ unique missions through deep expertise in Cybersecurity, Digital Infrastructure, Agile Engineering, and Homeland Defense services.
Medical Insurance; 401(k); generous PTO; flexible spending accounts; professional development; pre-tax commuter benefit; AD&D, disability.
Dependent on position but usually a phone screen with a recruiter and then 1-2 rounds of interviews with the hiring team.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.