The Sr. System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization. Additionally, they will troubleshoot and resolve all escalated issues for hardware and software.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Advanced experience with administering Microsoft Azure and Office365 environments a MUST.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Provide Tier III/other support as needed.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted areas.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. - --
- Provide recommendations on company computer equipment and supplies purchases.
- Assure IT functions are followed in accordance with established standards, polices, and procedures.
- Assist IT staff to provide on-the-job training to new staff members.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Must be able to provide support outside of regular business hours as required, including the ability to be on-call as needed.
- Must be willing to assist with Service Desk activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor (4 year) degree, or equivalent applicable experience
2. Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, MCSE, Microsoft Azure Administrator, CCNA etc. is highly desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 10.
2. Advanced knowledge of Group Policy, Active Directory & enterprise management strategies.
3. Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
4. Ability to adapt to changing priorities on a regular basis.
5. Ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively.
6. Well-organized with attention to detail.
Bilingual is desired (Spanish)
1. Ability to stand, walk, or view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to travel by private or public transportation as needed.
4. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as needed.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.