Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, ecommerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns. Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior System Engineer, you will work with internal and external teams responsible for the infrastructure, deployment, and security in a high traffic SaaS environment. You will participate in automation, monitoring, self-service, and infrastructure as code practices and help ensure that Shippo services meet and exceed SLAs and are designed and built for scale, growth, and security. You will also build and/or use external services and technologies to enable teams to perform better and deliver faster for our customers.
- Help ensure infrastructure stays ahead of business needs through fault-tolerant architecture design, performance testing, profiling, and tuning, and capacity planning.
- Design, develop, and enhance automation tools, scripts, or utilities to improve productivity and efficiency in the areas of deployment automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery, proactive monitoring, automated scaling, self-healing and operations validations.
- Evangelize, develop, and implement infrastructure as code using best practices and proven tools for all Shippo’s environments.
- Execute a migration plan to new orchestration service to afford improved deployment and rollback control.
- Work with internal resources and manage external vendors to design, implement, and test disaster recovery solutions.
- Implement information security program that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective information security practices.
- Evaluate security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and apply tools to mitigate risk as necessary.
- Assist with incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and implement change to reduce or prevent future problems.
- Provides support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions.
- Participate in 24x7 rotation including on-call and off shifts.
- Perform software upgrades and installations as required in support of cloud infrastructure.
- Participate in design reviews for new features, products, and systems.
- 3+ years of experience as an established, hands-on member of SRE, SysOps or Build & Release teams, supporting and maintaining, scalable enterprise-class applications in public cloud (AWS) or private cloud solutions.
- Strong understanding of large-scale internet architecture and Linux and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Container management and orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, or Vagrant), Configuration management and automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Chef or Puppet), and Source Code Management, Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions (CircleCI, Git/Stash, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory and UDeploy).
- Familiarity with Monitoring and alerting tools (Sumo Logic, Runscope, Cloudwatch, Circonus, ThreatStack).
Interest in and understanding of best-in-class security practices, and automation and testing methods.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of customer needs and passion for customer success.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- AWS Certifications preferred.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.