The GEICO Corporate Support Systems department has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team to ensure the high availability and stability of our critical corporate systems. Our department owns the PeopleSoft applications for Financial Systems and Agent Licensing as well as our PeopleSoft HR and Time and Labor Systems which now reside in the Oracle Cloud. Additionally, we are responsible for maintaining security and monitoring for our Workday SaaS application as well as infrastructure for Actuarial Systems and other .NET applications. The successful candidate will be integral in the deployments and maintenance of multiple cloud and on-prem applications. The ideal candidate will also be self-motivating and driven to consistently deliver outstanding customer support and will have demonstrated experience with troubleshooting production problems as well as coordinating efforts across multiple teams within IT and the business organization.
• Analyze existing on-prem applications to determine eligibility to move to a cloud solution.
• Examine applications and implement proactive monitoring and redundancy at all tiers to help meet availability goals.
• Collaborate with application development teams and operations teams to provide successful application delivery.
• Contribute to technical process improvements and training across a variety of disciplines such as Agile and modern development practices.
• Deploy various .Net applications to include web applications, web services, ETL/SSIS/SSRS packages.
• Troubleshoot and resolve deployment/configuration/set up issues and work with appropriate teams to correct any problems.
• Provide 24x7 on-call production support on a rotational basis.
• 2 years of experience working with IIS, ASP.net, and components that support .Net applications.
• 2 years of experience supporting TFS administration, VSTS, or Visual Studio 2013 (or later).
• 2 years of experience administering Windows Server 2012R2 (and later) to include Windows Roles and Features needed to support web applications.
• 2 years applying concepts related to IP address management, firewalls, SSL certificates, load balancing, and security compliance principles.
• 2 years demonstrated experience implementing Active Directory, ADFS, SSO, and Windows authentication solutions.
• 2 years with DevOps and deploying/supporting applications for both on-prem and cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Soft Layer, etc.).
• 2 years supporting systems from an infrastructure, code, database, and security concept perspective.
• 2 years demonstrated experience applying SaaS/PaaS/IaaS principles using cloud platforms (logical compute, storage and network) to provide solutions to the business.
• Strong conceptualization, problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level.
• Experience creating PowerShell scripts is highly preferred.
• Understanding of Linux commands for administration and editing is highly preferred.
• Knowledge of build automation and release management.
• Familiarity with SQL and Oracle to include script development and execution.
• Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence administration and Agile principles (Scrum/Kanban) is preferred.
• Understanding of financial, business, and technical constraints with ability to apply them to effective design solutions.
• Understanding of system monitoring principles (synthetic monitoring, APM).
• Infrastructure design and architecture for the cloud and on premise working with GEICO internal, GEICODDC and, Azure networks.
• Experience using Workday.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.