Senior Systems Engineer, Integration & Test
• *Role Summary/Purpose
L3 SSG has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our talented engineering organization. Principal members of our development staff are technical leaders across multi-disciplined teams, possessing expert understanding of aerospace technology and payload architectures for spacecraft sub-systems and instruments.
• Essential Responsibilities
The scope of the position requires a proven track-record with the integration & test of payload level sensor systems for the aerospace and commercial community. This will require developing test methods for the verification and validation of multi-segment (hardware/software/ground) complex electro-optical payload systems. The lead I&T systems engineer will be responsible for the development and review of all test requirements and will lead a multi-discipline team to develop complex test plans to verify all payload level requirements and CDRL's.
The ideal candidate will have a strong, multi-discipline technical background with direct experience in payload/ground segment/spacecraft interface V&V. The lead I&T SE will work directly with internal technical IPT's developing detailed test plans to satisfy all stakeholder requirements, track and report relevant technical performance metrics (TPM's), provide test data reports and status, as well as take a lead role in satisfying customer V&V concerns. Senior engineers are expected to support new business opportunities, lead program tiger teams, and actively develop junior level staff.
• Qualifications/ Requirements
• BS in an Engineering discipline, MS preferred.
• Minimum of nine years of related experience in integration and test of electro-optical payloads for aerospace & military defense applications.
• Expert knowledge in system level hardware design & development, test requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation for space-based environments.
• Experience with high reliability space flight programs and radiation-hardened environments is required.
• Proven track record of leading a multi-discipline technical team through I&T of multi-segment level space payload deliveries.
• Ability to work directly with the customer to understand, develop, and resolve all V&V requirements.
• Experience as an I&T lead engineer or IPT lead is required.
• Experience in developing and verifying interfaces between spacecraft and payload systems.
• Experience developing systems and general engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers as well as mentoring of other engineers.
• Existing TS/SCI (SSBI) security clearance or the ability to satisfy requirements for a TS/SCI (SSBI) is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
L-3 SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
U.S. Citizen status required.
• NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade T04 or T05 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position .
• The Company
L3Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
• *L3 SSG
L3 SSG specializes in the development, manufacturing and qualification of remote E-O sensing payloads, instruments and major sub-systems primarily for space as well as unique airborne applications. Space mission areas include major science investigation, situational awareness, launch detection and weather analysis. Primary markets served include NASA, DoD, intelligence communities and commercial space. Primary airborne contributions include hyperspectral payloads for specialized overseas missions and critical line-of-sight control sub-systems for targeting systems.
• Job Engineering-Systems
• Primary Location USA-Massachusetts-Wilmington
• US Security Clearance Required: None
• Schedule: Full-time
• Shift: Day - 1st
• Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
• Organization: Division - SSG-20000054
• Job Level: Individual Contributor
• Job Posting: May 24, 2019, 10:00:00 AM
• Req ID: 105427
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
With headquarters in New York City and approximately 31,000 employees worldwide, L3 develops advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision and EO/IR, weapons, maritime systems and space.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.