The Opportunity: Virtualization Systems Engineer
Analyze users' requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications, analyze system requirements, and conduct virtualization design and development activities. Assist with the development of systems requirements, advise alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies. Provide technical support for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporate new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Assist with system development and implementation planning through the assessment of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interact with the client and team members regarding systems engineering technical considerations and associated problems, issues, or conflicts. Maintain responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the systems engineering area of responsibility and communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
• Working knowledge of server virtualization using VMware vSphere required
• Hands-on experience managing Enterprise Virtual Infrastructure with hundreds of VMs across multiple global data centers
• Thorough knowledge of enterprise storage arrays
• Experience with supporting both Windows and Linux servers / operating systems required
• Must have knowledge of networking
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• HS diploma or GED and 8 years of experience, AA or AS degree and 6 years of experience, BA or BS degree and 4 years of experience, MA or MS degree and 2 years of experience, or PhD degree
• TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph or willingness to take a polygraph exam
• DoD 8570 Baseline Security+ Certification, including CASP, CISSP, or CISMA or ability to obtain w/in 60 days
• Experience with VMWare ESXi 5.x or ESXi 6.x management and administration
• Proficient with Microsoft Hyper-V solutions for Windows Server 2012/2012R2 and Server 2016
• Functional in architecture design, system maintenance and patching, and advanced troubleshooting, capacity management, monitoring, and reporting
Additional Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise operating systems and virtualization solutions, including Windows Server 2008/2012/2012R2/2016, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, and VMware ESXi
• Management of virtual machines through VMWare vCenter
• Management and operational use of systems monitoring tools - Solarwinds, Splunk, or Microsoft SCOM
• Demonstrated abilities analyzing and enhancing operational procedures and new innovative solutions to address current and emerging IT challenges
• Knowledge of ITIL change management and problem management best practices
• Ability to work independently and as a team member to solve difficult technical challenges on a global scale
• VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) Certification or VMWare Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) Certification
-Microsoft MCSA or MCSE in Windows Server 2012, 2012R2, or 2016 Certification
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.