Under this contract, Obsidian will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. We will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS’s stakeholder community.
Sr. Windows System Administrator
The Senior Windows Systems Administrator maintains a virtual system environment. Duties may include User Admin, Sys Admin, Documentation and cradle to grave SDLC support. Interacts with developers and infrastructure support team to provide vendor application support. Supports and develops SOPs that provide policies and standards for sustainment of customer systems and resources. Participate in 24x7 schedules with fixed shift and possible weekend support. Operate and maintain all Production, Pre-Production, and Development systems in a Windows environment. Perform System Administration to included AD, GPO policies, Patching, application support, and activities to include account management, monitoring and management of system resources (CPU, memory, disk, etc), monitoring and auditing system logs. Implement and monitor the Enterprise Windows Servers testing and installation of patches, updates, additional tools and future versions of all software on a regular basis. Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs) and provide support for DoD STIGS. Perform Systems Lifecycle management including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
• Minimum clearance requirement is an ACTIVE Secret with Top Secret/SCI Eligibility.
• Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability.
• Must have 8 years of relevant systems experience.
• Microsoft Windows server and client administration (Windows 2012 or Windows 2016)
• Experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy
• Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure Windows services and applications
• Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
• Backups/Restore, ePO McAfee, VMware 6.0 or higher
• Participate in 24x7 schedules with fixed shift and possible weekend support
• Applicable Microsoft certifications (Examples: MCSE, MCSA), Security+ CE
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2016
• VMware 6.5, 6.7
• SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
• SharePoint Server
• Double-Take Back up Software
• Venafi Certificate Management Systems
• AWS or Azure Cloud
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years relevant experience. A total of 18 years of Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Obsidian Global is a small federal IT Services firm experienced at developing solutions for government clients. We are headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in Bethesda and Colorado. We have 120+ employees nationwide and are ISO and CMMI certified.
In addition to traditional small business healthcare benefits and 401K, we offer an online training platform to increase your skills and certifications for growth. We believe in personal development and good work/life balance. We host happy hours, sporting events, and holiday parties throughout the year. We also partner with event sites, gyms, and other perks to pass along corporate savings to our employees.
Most candidates go through an initial phone screening with the recruiter, then either a phone interview or in-person interview followed by an offer.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.