As a Server Automation Engineer, your goal is to modernize GEICO's server lifecycle management with an "Automate First" mentality to improve service delivery, reliability, and scalability. You will be part of a team of motivated engineers responsible for building the automation platforms and tools to support GEICO's server infrastructure. Responsibilities include collaborating with developers and platform teams to build the automation that streamlines our operations and deployment processes. The role involves a background in Systems Administration, Puppet/Salt Automation, Configuration Management, and technical writing.
• 3+ years experience implementing & supporting enterprise-class Server and Virtualization Technologies
• Experience with setting up and administering automation/configuration management tools - Puppet preferred but experience with Salt, Chef or Ansible is acceptable
• Experience with scripting and automating processes (Ruby, Powershell, Bash/Shell, etc)
• Experience with Source Control Repositories, preferably Git, but VSTS, SVN or equivalent is acceptable
• Good understanding of system and networking concepts
• Setting up, troubleshooting and optimizing Linux (Primarily SUSE or Redhat) systems
• Strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate across team boundaries
• Ability to operate in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Experience with Unit Testing and Release Tooling (Jenkins, VSTS, etc)
• Experience with Infrastructure Provisioning Tooling (vRAs/SCVMM)
• Experience with Software Development
• Experience working with public cloud platforms (Azure/AWS) is a plus
• Understanding of Information Security and Compliance Practices (ISO, SOX, PCI, etc)
• Industry Certification (Linux/Microsoft/VMware) is a plus
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.