The ServiceNow Discovery/Service Mapping Engineer is part of the Service Asset and Configuration Management Team. This individual will work with technical SME’s to gather technical requirements as needed. The ServiceNow Discovery/Service Mapping Engineer plays a key role during the planning stage of enhancing the automated collection of configuration data that makes up a Service. Additionally, the Engineer will work with ITSM teams to understand process requirements and translate them into technical specifications for Service Map implementation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with process owners to understand the process requirements related to the capture of configuration data and develop technical specifications and solutions
• Work with systems managers to ensure that the Discovery tool has the appropriate access and permissions to capture configuration information
• Provide visibility to the performance and issues related to Discovery
• Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects to understand IT technology strategy that guide which requirements need to be gathered
• Work with Application SMEs to create and validate Service Maps for key applications
• Participate in Configuration Management meetings and Story Time where appropriate
• Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow Service Mapping tool, including mapping additional defined business services into the tool
• Maintain the integrity of the Service Mapping tool across production and non-production environments
• Assisting in troubleshooting patch / release management issues, and upgrades
• Review the data being populated into the CMDB and act as partial owner of the CMDB
• Minimum of 3 -year experience with ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping
• Minimum of 5+ years working on a team as part of a large IT organization
• ServiceNow Administration certification a plus
• Minimum of 1-year experience with Service Watch
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience with Configuration Management, ITIL v3 certification a plus
o Experience working with LDAP, Active Directory, and SUDO a plus
o Experience with a converged platform a plus
• Experience integrating with tools to federate data into the CMDB
• Experience working with NetBrain, ScienceLogic or True Sight and Infoblox a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Good interpersonal skills, including collaboration, communication, relationship building, and negotiation
• Proficient with Microsoft Office tools; Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Intermediate Windows and Unix administration skills
• Familiarity with network concepts (routers, switches, firewalls, NAT, load balancing)
• Familiarity with the following concepts: XML, and JSON/script language
• Intermediate to deep understanding of Java RegEx
• Ability to discuss credentials, install a product, troubleshoot permission issues, discuss and trouble shoot network connectivity with network engineers
• Acquaintance with Web and Application Servers, Load Balancers, Databases, and Virtualization (WebSphere, MQ, IIS, Apache, VMware)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.