Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through groundbreaking digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible digital solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Solstice is looking for a high-performing, passionate, and creative Site Reliability Engineer that understands the importance of deploying and building quality software at high-speeds through automated streamlined operations and processes to achieve a business outcome. Skilled in designing, building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations. In addition to troubleshooting, resolving issues across several environments in order to enable development teams to quickly deliver digital products for customers.
- Design and develop products and major components which serve millions of user.
- Design, Develop tools and automation to minimize delivery time and increase developer productivity.
- Ensure products scale and perform consistently and reliably.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Develop and maintain effective dashboards using instrumentation tools (New Relic, Librato).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent software engineering and product development experience.
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and ability to work with complex logic.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Working experience with Linux system (Debian based).
- Experience managing and deploying full stack, distributed services.
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring.
- High-level shell fluency + one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl, or similar).
- Experience with a cloud technology such as GCP, Azure, Heroku, PCF, AWS and/or other highly scalable cloud environments.
- Experience with system automation tools (Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack, Jenkins etc.).
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable messaging platforms.
- Experience working on Linux and/or Windows.
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Vagrant, LXC, etc).
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, and pipeline analysis tools (Nagios, Sensu, Graphite, Riemann, Logstash, etc.).
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL systems such as PostgresSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with queuing/data-pipelining solutions (Storm, RabbitMQ, Amazon Kinesis, ZeroMQ, Kafka, etc.).
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.