International TechneGroup Limited with its European Headquarter in Cambridge, UK, is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on cutting edge research and development of 3D modelling tools in the challenging field of CAD model re-use for advanced engineering analysis and manufacture.
International TechneGroup Limited is the UK-based developer of CADfix, the de-facto solution worldwide for advanced re-use of 3D CAD models between different CAD/CAM/CAE applications. International TechneGroup Limited is part of International TechneGroup Inc., a leading US-based provider of advanced solutions for CAD data exchange and re-use. Since 1985 ITI has partnered with the major CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM vendors to assemble an unparalleled suite of geometry-based software products and related services.
As part of the CADfix product development team you will be directly contributing to the innovation of new product features and functionality, working as part of a small team of developers, driven by specific customer requirements and project goals
The position offers the following challenges and opportunities:
• Design and implementation of innovative geometric algorithms to solve some of today’s hardest 3D geometry problems, such as automatic model simplification, healing, deformation, abstraction, Medial Axis Transform, spatial partitioning, dimensional reduction, shrink-wrapping, facet-based geometry, 3D printing, point cloud and 3D scan data processing
• Participation in UK and European research projects in the areas of leading edge CAD/CAM/CAE interoperability, and working in close partnership with leading universities pushing the frontiers of 3D digital modelling and analysis. Presenting progress at UK/EU project review meetings and at selected international conferences.
• The opportunity to work closely with major industrial OEMs and world leading aerospace and automotive companies in the fields of CAD/CAM/CAE. Close cooperation with key customers is strongly encouraged and regular contact with end users is common.
• An excellent degree in one of the following disciplines:
o Computer Science
• Sound mathematical background, with emphasis on geometry and applied numerical methods, coupled with demonstrated ability to convert theory into successful computer programs, or a sound computer science background with good mathematical understanding and some experience of developing applications for manipulating 3D geometry/graphics.
• Ability to take toolkits of software components (extend, or develop your own), add some imagination and lateral thinking and create novel solutions to complex real-world requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to present the results of your work in a formal setting.
• Programming skills: Competent in C/C++. Familiar with developing software on Windows and/or Linux operating systems. Knowledge/experience of the following would be an advantage: Fortran, OpenGL or other graphics APIs, Tcl/Tk, Python, Java or OpenMP/OpenCL.
• Keen interest in developing software solutions which help to tackle some of the hardest engineering problems solved by CAD solutions
• Delivery of results – a can-do attitude and drive to solve obstacles and problems.
• Innovation and creativity – Passionate about finding opportunities to drive continuous improvement and working with others in the team to seek their views and input
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.