Software Engineer - Columbia, MD
At Vulnerability Research Labs we have spent more than a decade becoming a technical leader in cyber security. We became a technical leader in the field because we believe in our mission – to be at the forefront of cyber security and deliver unparalleled capabilities that solve our customer’s hardest problems. We offer the opportunity to work on diverse technologies with hard working developers in an interactive company with a flat organizational structure.
We’re currently seeking Software Engineers with experience in C++ and Python development to join our team. As part of our software engineering group, you will join top-notch developers who design, engineer, and deliver software products to our end customers. We are looking for:
Experienced C/C++ Developers with:
• Imagination to think of new ways to solve hard problems
• Drive to take code from a proof of concept to a customer deliverable
• Ability to work alone or in teams of 2-5 developers
• Attention to detail – we do code reviews but do not micro manage
• Curiosity and a willingness to tackle big challenges
Our day-to-day at Vulnerability Research Labs:
• Developers spend most of their time doing what they love, solving problems with code
• Writing cool NEW code – some days on Windows, others on Linux
• Poking around the internals of various operating systems (with Windbg, Immunity Debugger/Ollybdg, IDA Pro, gdb, lldb) discovering new features, vulnerabilities and techniques
• Testing out ideas and automating code using a virtual lab
Skills you will need and we will enhance:
• Detailed understanding of malware techniques, defenses, and counter measures
• Network programming and protocol analysis
• Familiarity with operating system internals
• Experience implementing encryption
• Solid (3+ years) software development experience with some of the following:
o Win 32 C/C++ (user and kernel mode)
o Building with custom tool chains
• At least some development experience in or knowledge of the following:
o Linux (user and kernel mode)
o Android or iOS
Things we like best about VRL:
• Solving hard technical problems
• Dedicated time to learn, research, and engineer solutions with minimal distractions
• A strong focus on learning and career development including conference and training opportunities
• Individual offices equipped with employee driven choice of computers and equipment
• Fresh brewed coffee
• A well-stocked pantry with food and beverages
• Most of all: a technically challenging work place that takes care of its employees
VRL is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, color, age, military service eligibility or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected class. We encourage and support workplace diversity.
We are unable to hire non-US citizens. Please, no third party firms.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Vulnerability Research Labs provides information security solutions to mitigate corporate risk, offering cyber threat intelligence solutions, including cyber threat awareness, malware analysis, and software/hardware vulnerability research.
Flexible schedule; gym membership and tuition reimbursements; annual conference budget; individual offices with doors and desks; well-stocked kitchen and deluxe coffee machine; weekly catered breakfast and lunches.
C/C++, Python, PHP, Perl, Bash, Linux, Salt
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.