We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to join us and help make our software dreams come true! This role is for someone who is progressing in their career and is looking for an opportunity to apply their current skills, while further developing their knowledge and experience. We are an evolving group of businesses and see this as a role for someone who wants to grow with us – so if you like a challenge, keep reading...
• Company: Verve
• Location: Darlington
• Department: Technology
• Salary: Up to £40k
• Basis: Full Time
• Deadline: 31st October 2019
About the Role
We have previously outsourced any software build and development to external agencies, but as our businesses (and consequently our aspirations) have grown, we are now in a position where we are looking to house those skills under our own roof. With that in mind, we’re looking for the key appointment of a Software Developer, to take our ideas and work with a junior developer to bring them to life.
We see this role growing over the coming years as technology is so vital to the businesses, and would therefore like someone who is able to continue to push themselves and develop their skills to ultimately move to a CTO role, managing a department and co-ordinating all software and IT aspects across the group. Each individual has a learning budget, and we would encourage you to spend this on additional training and courses to further upskill your abilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ownership of continuous project delivery – being responsible for a timeline of development and testing for any new version releases working with the developing team.
• This includes working with an existing .NET system plus project delivering the port / migration of a legacy PHP app to .NET.
• Obtain and structure feedback from users, to optimise the enhancements made and ensure we are providing what is most needed.
• Agile approach to development required.
• Work alongside our marketing team so that all systems developments are approached with a
UX view point
• Ideas generation – bringing to life new improvements for our systems, meaning we stay ahead
of the game and are considered the industry benchmark by our competitors
• Generally, be our go-to guru for all things digital!
We understand that the world of developing can be extremely varied – and no two roles are the same. We’ve therefore tried to split out what we are looking for into essential and desirable. If you think you are the right person for us, but don’t match these entirely, let us know:
• The ability to self-manage, keeping track of different projects to meet deadlines.
• Help to recruit and manage a Junior Developer initially, and ultimately a team of developers
using .NET stack
• Be able to pre-empt issues and provide solutions.
• Enthusiastic, ambitious and someone who loves to be part of something new and different.
• The ability to stay focused under pressure – we’re not joking when we say it gets busy!
• Experience of managing multiple projects
• Have a background in development, ideally .NET
• Understanding of testing methodology
• Experience in training juniors would also be handy, but we can work that journey together if
it isn’t currently in your CV.
Above all we love someone with a positive attitude who likes a challenge and isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get on with the job!
The Verve Group is a number of companies, including Para-Sols (an outsourced paraplanning company) and Apricity Compliance (providing compliance support to advisers) as well as The Art of Finance (which provides training courses for those looking to develop a career in financial services). The Group of companies all work towards the same two missions; to help support good quality financial advice firms to growth and develop, and to attract new people into financial services and help train them up, for the good of the future of finance.
Across all companies, we approach financial services with a fun and positive outlook and offer a range of benefits to permanent employees to ensure our staff feel supported and motivated. We reward loyalty and offer enhanced benefits to long-service employees, but as standard (once you’ve successfully completed your 6 month probation) these include...
• 26 days holiday (including days off at Christmas) PLUS bank holidays AND your birthday off (if it falls on a weekday)
• Personalised salary structure to reflect your own effort and contribution
• Death in Service cover
• Personal Development budget (for exams, training, anything to help you excel!)
• Company Pension Scheme
What makes us different benefits
• Casual dress code
• Health & Wellbeing programme, including hoodie, drinks bottle and fitness tracker
• Office snacks and refreshments
• Openplan ‘living office’ environment – including rocking (or sometimes dubious) playlists, our
own pub, breakout lounge and breakfast club
• 2 official annual company parties, plus adhoc team nights out.
• Office dogs – we’re not a place for people scared of dogs!
• Did we mention we have our own pub? IN the office?!
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.