Senior Development Engineer in Test (CI/CD)
CGI is seeking a Senior Development Engineer in Test who will be part of a team developing a platform that will radically transform and modernize our industry clients! If you are PASSIONATE about creating something AMAZING – this career opportunity may be for you!
Your future duties and responsibilities
Are you a strong developer or a passionate tester with a history of self-teaching new skills and technologies? Are you a fanatic when it comes to software quality? Have you written automated tests and created CI / CD pipelines to run those tests and achieve the level of quality you strive for? Do you know who W. Edwards Deming is, and why his work is important to software development? Are you interested in working closely with product owners, developers, architects, and others in a highly collaborative environment, with the opportunity to teach them what you know?
Are you the kind of person who tries to inject quality at every stage of development from the business idea to the delivered value? If so, then we may have a job for you.
Primary responsibilities for individuals in this role will be to make individual contributions within a cross-functional team, taking input from other developers and software development engineers in test, analysts, and direction from the team lead. These contributions will primarily take the forms of software development, system / software configuration tasks, creation of documentation, automation of tests, and mentoring other developers, particularly in the identification and application of modern automated testing practices.
Individuals in this role are strongly encouraged to continue to hone and augment skills and experience in preparation for advancement to senior positions. Individuals in this role are also expected to contribute to the self-governance of the team, generally take part in running the day-to-day activities of the team, and mentor other developers and SDETs. All team members are expected to contribute in every other capacity on the team as needed, including other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
This role is ideal for a developer or tester with at least a few years (more than 5 years) of experience, strong coding skills, diverse interests, the ability and desire to help other developers improve their testing practices, and a desire to learn and grow.
• A basic understanding of Object Oriented Design
• At least one programming language, preferably C# (with .NET core) or Java
• Experience with appropriate unit testing framework(s) for known language(s) (appropriate XUnit)
• Experience using mocking frameworks / libraries (for example, Mockito)
• Experience using web and / or thick client automation drivers, preferably Selenium
• Experience creating and maintaining test harnesses and fixtures
• Familiarity with API testing, preferably using SoapUI
• Familiarity with Test Data Management tools and techniques
• Familiarity with performance and load testing
• Experience with SQL and SQL DBEs
• Experience with JSON, REST, and AJAX
• Experience with XML, HTML, and related technologies (XSLT, CSS, SOAP, etc.)
• A strong understanding of and ability to use Regular Expressions
• Experience using version control, preferably Git
• Experience with CI / CD servers, preferably Jenkins
• Experience with tools like Jira, Confluence, and Slack
• An understanding of Test Driven Development and the ability to properly apply TDD practices within a team
•Experience using Agile development methodologies (preferably Kanban)
• Strong general computing skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Aspiring servant-leader with a desire to contribute individually
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Highly motivated self-learner
• A drive to automate
• Ability to teach others and impart experience to new developers and even non-developers
The ideal candidate should also have several of the following:
• Familiarity with Static Code Analysis, preferably using SonarQube
• An understanding of service virtualization
• Familiarity with test coverage analysis and reporting tools
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure, preferably more than one
• High level familiarity with at least one build tool (preferably Ant, Maven, or MSBuild)
• Basic knowledge of scripting languages, preferrably Powershell or Bash
• Some experience with monitoring (system and / or application)
Our dream candidate would also have experience with many of the following:
• Artifact Management, preferably with Nexus or Artifactory
• Using modern development practices (ie, DevOps)
• Strong documentation skills
• Basic knowledge of Linux and / or Windows Server Administration
• Basic knowledge of at least one Configuration Management Tool, preferably Ansible or Puppet
• Knowledge of or experience with Immutable Infrastructure paradigms
• Familiarity with or a history of bottom-up leadership
• Experience with log aggregation, data extraction and reporting using Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana or similar tools
• A basic understanding of cloud native development patterns and paradigms (microservices, statelessness, service registry / discovery, 12 Factor, circuit breakers, feature toggles, auto-scaling, etc.)
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.