Jada Systems is looking for a software engineer to support data access and search software development for the PDS Engineering Node. The Planetary Data System is a disparate data system built on the PDS4 data standard. The biggest issues users face is the lack of a robust, centralized, integrated search capability for finding planetary data products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with design, development, and maintenance of PDS Engineering Node library of software tools.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks across difference disciplines and programming languages.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements in an agile-like software development environment.
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 2 years of software engineering experience
• Experience developing operational software applications utilizing Java and Python in Linux environment.
• Experience developing scripts in Python, bash or csh to automate tasks in Linux environment.
• Experience with Git, JIRA, Web Technologies, ElasticSearch.
• Follow standard software engineering processes and principles.
• Experience developing distributed production quality applications.
• Experience with user interface development.
• Experience with AWS or other cloud services.
• Experience working with planetary science data.
The work will be performed in Pasadena CA
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.