Our client is looking for a Software Engineer for their Portland, Oregon location. This position will develop applications for network management systems.
Responsibilities of Software Engineer:
• Develop network management features under Windows using C#/.NET in a complex, multithreaded environment
• Develop APIs using multiple interfaces (SOAP, REST, SSH, SNMP, Web Services, PowerShell)
• Write robust code in a mixed object-oriented and functional programming environment
• Develop abstract representations of system and device state using algebraic data types (ADT)
• Develop functionality to monitor/control routers, switches, firewalls, and phone systems
• Develop tools to manage certificates, firewall rules, ACLs, and other security settings
• Assist in developing specifications and plans for new designs
• Work closely with senior software engineers, network engineers and integration/QA teams
• Perform code reviews and collaborate with team members
• Assist in writing help and technical documentation
• Troubleshoot system and software problems
• Performance requires physical attendance
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements of Software Engineer:
• United States Citizenship required
• BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 4 Years software engineering industry experience required
• Experience with commercial software development
• Experience with C#, .NET, and Microsoft Visual Studio
• Familiarity with regular expressions and parsing libraries
• Familiarity with Virtual Machines (VMWare) highly desirable
• Familiarity with UI design, especially WPF, highly desirable
• Familiarity with functional programming desired (F#, Haskell, etc.) desirable
• Familiarity with security concepts desirable
• Strong communication/documentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Attention to detail and quality orientation a must
• Strong work ethic – someone who is proactive, responsible, and loves what they do
We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.