Software Engineer – Roku Platform
Television is not what it used to be. Technologies, businesses and viewing habits are changing fast and reshaping the TV landscape. BETSOL is building a Software Engineering team for an industry-leading OTT (over-the-top) video streaming service that delivers live U.S. and international programming, as well as video on demand. This is an exciting position in a fast-moving project. Come be a part of changing the face of TV!
• Help write cross-platform C++ and native platform (Objective C, Java/Kotlin, Swift) code to download the highest quality video possible given current network performance.
• Help to integrate third-party device video SDKs into ROKU platforms.
• Collaborate with team members for problem solving, bug fixes, new feature implementations, work planning and code demonstrations.
• Assist with team-wide validation of all code for functional correctness, architectural compliance, and adherence to applicable industry standards.
• Collaborate with other teams to coordinate changes to shared interfaces.
• Collaborate with team and leaders to develop optimal technical solutions that balance capabilities of third-party vendors, business requirements, and the team’s internal goals for technical excellence.
• Adhere to team standards for writing and documenting code.
• Follow SAFe and Agile principles and processes.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
• A four-year degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional software engineering experience
• 5 - 8 years C++ experience in non-UI client application layer.
• Working knowledge of C++ debugging using industry standard tools such as debuggers, profilers, analyzers, and HTTP analyzers (Charles, Fiddler, et al), etc.
• Experience in embedded platform using C/C++ & Linux.
• Experience in developing QT applications.
• Experience on Roku app development is plus
• Firm understanding of Object-Oriented principles, design patterns, and software design/architecture best practices.
• Commitment to principles of code excellence: clean code, unit testing, test driven development, automated testing, peer code-reviews, and continuous integration/continuous delivery.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to collaboratively work through technical issues in a professional manner, making design considerations and trade-offs as needed.
• Thrive in, and contribute to, a collaborative team environment.
• Brightscripts experience is a plus.
• Experience developing software for embedded consumer electronic devices, or interfacing with third-party APIs and SDKs.
• Working knowledge of relevant industry technologies and standards: HTTP/HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, HLS, DASH, and source control (git).
• Working knowledge of relevant CS concepts such as: Inversion of control (IOC) containers, dependency injection (DI), and C++14.
• Moderate experience with at least one scripting language, such as Python.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.