Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Software Engineer who is interested in working on complex cloud-based DevOps solutions and has extensive experience with Java and Python. Our software engineers are asked to solve challenging problems for unique customers and have a direct impact on the direction of software products and solutions used by those customers. US Citizenship is required and candidate must hold an active DoD Secret security clearance. Job location is Boston, MA.
- Support the Discovery and Framing process and follow-on user interviews.
- Perform Test-Driven Development and agile methodologies.
- Perform extreme programming.
- Perform paired programming with members of engineering team (contractor and government).
- Refactor legacy applications into a 12-factor application SW architecture.
- Decompose legacy applications into a micro service architecture.
- Support the delivery of the application from an unclassified development environment to a classified staging and production environment on SIPR and other future domains.
- Support troubleshooting with other teams (i.e. staging and production environment hosts) throughout all stages of the continuous delivery process.
- Perform technical assessments of existing legacy SW, Commercial off-the shelf (COTS) SW and/or Government off-the Shelf (GOTS) SW and recommend a technical direction of the Product Team.
- Perform legacy application refactoring, modifying legacy application to become cloud native.
- Perform legacy application re-platforming, lifting and shifting legacy application into a PaaS.
- Build products from Discovery and Framework through iterative production and delivery.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field + 5 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and web application development.
- Over 3 years of demonstrated experience with one or more of the following programming languages for developing APIs and RESTful services: Java, Python, C#, .NET.
- 2 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies.
- Demonstrated with DevOps tools such as Jenkins and Git.
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations and surveys to successfully create a user-story.
- Experience designing full-service consumer and business applications.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices.
- Possesses a SECRET level, or above, Security Clearance.
- Comfortable in a startup environment.
- Experience with web-server configuration and RESTful microservice development (UNIX OS; Windows Server; Nodejs).
- Experience with database integration (SQL, noSQL databases, database normalization, indexing technologies).
- Proven experience writing and building applications using a 12-factor application SW architecture, micro services, and API.
- Experience developing and deploying to AWS and C2S environments.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
By combining the most innovative emerging technologies with deep federal domain expertise, Dark Wolf operates at the nexus of technical innovation and mission needs.
Full benefits, Unlimited PTO, Opportunities for Security Clearance upgrades, Dog-friendly headquarters, and a Great company culture!
Our interview process is pretty straight forward. Initial introductory phone call to start. 2nd step is a conversation with our program manager (either phone or in-person depending on location), then in-person here at our headquarters.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.