Purpose of Job:
The Software Engineer II will be responsible for writing embedded code in a team environment which includes research, design, debug, and test for next generation network management software systems while contributing to the existing product line.
- Design, implement, debug, and test embedded software for switch fabric provisioning
- Work closely with hardware design team
- Work closely with the quality assurance group for testing
- Responsible for creating written documentation for his/her own software development
- Develop feature enhancements and provide development support for existing product lines
- Works in both an independent and team member environment to meet multiple product release cycles
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience using formal software development processes. Software development skills using object-oriented design and coding techniques
- Programming for embedded systems in Linux (Ubuntu), PowerPC/ARM/MIPS kernels
- Proficient in C/C++ programming
- Object oriented analysis, design and development techniques
- Development experience on network processors preferred
- Prefer Layer 1-4 switching experience
- Prefer experience with Linux GNU tool chain (gcc, gdb, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate professionally across the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning, presentation, troubleshooting, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional customer support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
BS degree (BSEE or BSCS strongly preferred, MSCS a plus) or the equivalent in training and experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid short and long term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy work-life balance and generous paid time off program
- Retirement savings match
- Professional development program
- Volunteer time off and employee assistance plan
- Collaborative and innovative work environment
- On-site exercise facility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, natural origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.