The Community Health Accreditation Partner, Inc. (CHAP) is an independent, non-profit accrediting body established in 1965. CHAP standards assess the quality of healthcare in home and community-settings nationwide including home health agencies, hospices, private duty home care, home medical equipment suppliers, pharmacies and providers of palliative care.
The Software Engineer II will create, plan, develop, maintain, and document custom web, desktop and mobile applications utilizing the Microsoft MVC/MVVM technology stack. The Software Engineer II must be passionate about software, and programming languages to ensure program code is effectively and logically designed, and data models are mapped efficiently into physical storage units, maintaining system integrity.
• Delivers high-quality web applications and software tools to the organization.
• Provides technical analysis, prototyping, and documentation.
• Participates in the formulation of business requirements.
• Completes sprint tasks from the product backlog, resulting in releasable code.
• Codes software to standard, satisfying requirements with a high level of accuracy.
• Participates in code review meetings with team of software engineers.
• Commits to the successful implementation of the organizations goals by insuring software is delivered on time and on budget.
• Resolves service desk tickets and appraises issues as backlog items for future releases.
• Participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, from design to implementation and evaluation.
• Participate in daily SCRUM meetings.
Education, Training and Experience
• Software development skills that include 4+ years’ experience with Microsoft C#, MVC, Web API, Entity Framework, Linq, WPF, XML, XAML, CSS, HTML, and Bootstrap; proficiency with Visual Studio 2015, and Team Foundation Server (Azure DevOps). Microsoft certification in said technologies strongly desired.
• jQuery, AJAX, DevExpress, OpenXML, and other add-on tools associated with the .Net framework. Experience with React JS and WCF a plus.
• 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, advanced abilities in problem solving and analytical thinking, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and contribute as a member of the team.
• A computer science related bachelor’s degree or documented equivalent experience and demonstrated competency in agile software development environments.
• A strong desire to learn and keep abreast of emerging technologies.
This is a full-time position based in the Washington, DC office. Due to the nature of this role, lifting of materials and equipment up to 25 pounds is required. Extended periods of sitting/standing are required.
Fluency in the English language is required. Candidates must be able to observe, discern and comprehend written documents effectively to perform this job. Extended use of a computer and telephone are required.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.