Codan Communications is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of Land Mobile Radio (LMR) communications solutions. When you dial 9-1-1, our radio equipment is what the 911 dispatcher uses to send police, firefighters, or paramedics to you. A career at Codan Communications is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic global business, reaching out to all corners of the world, helping people communicate in the moments that matter.
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
At Codan, we work in small teams, employing a lightweight and agile process. We care about the product we are developing and are committed to high standards and long-term code quality.
As a Software Engineer at Codan, you will work with our Firmware Team, contributing to the on-going improvement and development of new and existing products. Our networked radio systems are developed in-house, including hardware, firmware, software, and user interface layers. The software stack consists mostly of C/C++, Java, and Python running on an embedded Linux platform. A browser-based interface allows users to configure and control the devices.
Our products are highly valued by customers who are eagerly awaiting our new and improved features and we are looking for a Software Engineer whose strengths include investigating, expanding scope, and delivering meaningful product changes.
As a Software Engineer at Codan you will:
- Familiarize yourself with our code base and development processes
- Design and develop new features and support existing projects, with a focus on Firmware,
Networking, and Linux configuration.
What Are We Looking For?
- Programming experience in C/C++
- Experience with Linux programming, including kernel patching and development, multithreaded
application development, and driver development.
- Familiarity with ARM architecture
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking
Bonus Points for any of the following:
- Experience with IDEs, source control, and continuous integration tools
- Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile processes
- Familiarity with digital signal processing
- Background in RF, telecommunications, networking, embedded systems, real time, digital hardware designs, or distributed systems
Benefits & Perks
At Codan we know that a compensation package doesn’t just stop at your salary. Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and love sharing ideas. We celebrate each month with drinks, every release with a party, and ice cream is always readily available.
As a full-time employee, you will also have access to a variety of benefits including:
- Extended health benefits
- A company matched retirement savings program
- A short-term incentive plan
- A training budget for continuous improvement of your skills
What about You?
- You’re tenacious and love continuous improvement, with proven success at digging deep to find
solutions to tough problems
- You have an eye towards optimizing performance and improving product quality
- You enjoy learning and sharing ideas with other like-minded folks and mentoring new engineers
- You’re a quick study who is able to figure out complex systems
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.