Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is looking for a talented and motivated Data Scientist with strong Software Engineering skills to join our team! The candidate will be responsible for researching, developing, testing, and evaluating various data mining and machine learning techniques to solve challenging problems.
The Software Engineer will work closely with researchers in support of a Machine Learning and analytics project. The candidate works as part of an agile software development team to design and rapidly prototype scalable solutions and must be motivated, self-starting, and able to work well within a team environment.
Take this opportunity to support an exciting and challenging project, play with the latest technologies, all while helping our nation bring the best modern capabilities to our soldiers and analysts!
Software Engineer Responsibilities
• Design and build full stack applications with modern technologies, intuitive user-interfaces and scalable data processing architectures using open source software
• Rapidly prototype new methods for processing and exploiting data
• Evaluate and quantify tradeoffs for competing methods and products
• Communicate with government customers and stakeholders
• Mature solutions and transition applications from R&D to Operations
Software Engineer Basic Qualifications
• U.S. citizenship
• Minimum TS security clearance required; TS/SCI preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related field
• 5-8 yrs. of related experience in:
o Front and back end development
o Data analytics and Machine Learning (e.g. Spark, Sci-kit Learn, TensorFlow)
o Object detection, multi-source analytics, activity recognition
o Analysis of algorithms, software, and software architectures
o Experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, C/C++
o Windows & Linux/Unix environments
Software Engineer Desired Skills
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related field
• Technical leadership for a software development project
• Eclipse Plugin Development
• Java Network Launch Protocol (JNLP)
• Databases (PostGIS, SQLite, PostGRES)
• Geospatial Servers (GeoServer, MapServer)
• Geospatial Data Processing (GDAL, OGR, PostGIS)
• Graph analytics / Network science
• Automated Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Mocha, QUnit)
• Continuous Integration, Testing, and Deployment
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Reinventing Geospatial is a consulting and technology-driven business that enables intelligence, defense, federal, and aviation-related clients to achieve success.
Friday breakfasts; flexible work hours; bean bag chairs and stand-up desks; college savings plan; annual events, such as horse races, tubing trips, cycling events, picnics, ballgames, and even trips to the Caribbean.
Phone screen; security screen; face-to-face interview.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.