• Configure, operate and maintain tactical information systems. This includes development, test and laboratory representations of fielded systems, as well as the fielded systems themselves.
• Responsible for defining, documenting, analyzing, performing, and interpreting developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
• Investigates and resolves operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Identify and document software problems, and support the design of a solution.
• Provides technical support and advice to other engineering groups.
• Devises and applies testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies.
• Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
• Defines and implements automated test scripts.
• Sets and configures the system being tested; responsible for documenting/updating the test configuration/installation documentation.
• Establish and maintain developmental and operational documentation for the assigned tactical communications system.
• Test, and document results for software/scripts used to implement fixes and commercial software upgrades in a tactical communications system.
• Participate in the Agile development process and track and report out sprint progress support the security accreditation efforts for the assigned system.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline is required.
• 3 years’ experience as a Test Engineer or performing Test Engineer related activities within the last 10 years.
• Secret Security Clearance.
• Must maintain the minimum certification for IA Technical Level II, which may be GSEC, Security+ CE, SCNP or SSCP.
• Must maintain a Computing Environment certification for the applicable Operating System (i.e. Microsoft Server 2012 or Database SQL).
• Operational knowledge of the software development life cycle.
• Experience in writing and performing software test plans/procedures.
• Scripting or coding experience – PowerShell preferred
• Operational knowledge of Virtual Machine environments.
• Experience with automated testing applications.
• Strong technical documentation skills.
• Good communication and time management.
• Experience with military tactical communications systems is a plus.
• Linux and/or Microsoft computing environment knowledge/expertise.
• Operational understanding of Configuration Management/ Change Management concepts, is a plus.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
ManTech provides innovative technologies and solutions for mission-critical national security programs for the intelligence community.
Employee stock ownership program; tuition assistance; retail discount program (Barnes & Noble, Dell, Apple, Walt Disney World, Costco).
Phone screen with recruiter; phone screen with team lead; onsite interview; security clearance check. Average interview period: 2 weeks.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.