Company Name: BnZ engineering
BnZ offering engineering services for over 23 years, is an engineering firm specializing in civil & electrical site and mechanical & electrical building engineering services to clients throughout Canada. With a reputation for integrity, delivery, and cost efficiency, our team works hard to deliver on time and on budget. We are looking for competent designers who match our core values. BnZ is headquartered in Burlington, Ontario.
Contact Name: Ken Richards, P. Eng., President & CEO
Address: 471 Locust St., Burlington, Ontario L7S 1T9
Telephone: 905 319-2819
Successful BnZ employees:
• are Customer-centric – they understand and embrace the role of delivering exemplary customer service
• are Character people – who live and lead by example through their actions and attitudes
• are Innovators - they look for opportunities to improve, do things differently, and add value for our customers and business
• work with Excellence in the way they think and in all they do
Position: SPECIALIST – IT / SOFTWARE
Job Location: Based in our Burlington Design Centre
Reporting to a President & CEO the SPECIALIST – IT / SOFTWARE will be responsible for the network infrastructure, servers and workstations in our Burlington Engineering Design Centre.
• Accountable for the administration, monitoring, maintenance, and deployment of BnZ engineering corporate IT network.
• Monitor and maintain company’s telecom and network connectivity, inclusive of mobile devices.
• Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
• Support LANs, WANs, Wi-Fi, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Mapping and updating the network topography, including names & locations of servers, routers, switches, and wall jacks.
• Manage and update Active Directory, File Sharing and intrusion detection systems
• Communicate with management to implement, update, and manage network security service tools for network firewalls, VPN, and content control.
• Administer software deployment, security updates and patches routinely and in a timely manner
• Effectively manage and maintain data backup.
• Provide after-hours support for planned maintenance; perform on-call emergency support service and patching when required.
• Identify failures/failure trends and resolve network design and maintenance issues. Provide recommendations for IT system management enhancements.
• Administration and maintenance of workstations, monitors, printers, scanners, and various other standard peripherals.
• Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
• System design for unique one-off technical solutions and product development.
• Make recommendations about new technologies or software that will enhance client solutions.
• Participate in the development of and be familiar with and maintain company hardware and software policies
• Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
• Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
• Bring forward any new technologies or software which may assist in enhancing the network performance and reliability
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve the department’s efficiency as part of a continuous improvement initiative
• Required to provide some support outside of standard business hours
• Be knowledgeable of application upgrades, design changes and setup requirements
• 5+ years of helpdesk experience
• 5+ years of administration experience with Windows server 2012, SharePoint, Exchange 2013, Active Directory, MS Office Suite, Office365
• 5+ years of experience with Mac OS - Mavericks and Mountain Lion on iMacs and MacBook Pros
• 5+ years of experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN)
• 5+ years of experience with virtual servers
• Experience with Cisco switches
• Programming Experience with MS Visual Studio 2015/2017
• Programming familiarity with AutoDesk Products (AutoCAD, Revit) would be a definite asset
• Interest in marketing media technologies and integrating media with technology is an asset
• Trustworthy, Self-Motivated, Self-Starter with above average work ethic and demonstrated integrity.
• Analytical Problem Solver.
• Detail Oriented/Organizer/Planner.
• Self-Motivated/Team Oriented/Adaptable/Flexible.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and via email with co-workers and management
• Dedicated and punctual and able to meet deadlines
• Patience in working with Users and Management
• Desire to learn new technologies and implement them successfully.
• Effective hardware and software problem solving abilities.
• Respond to all telephone, e-mail and in-person queries in a professional and timely manner
• Prioritize problems, escalate High Priority requests
• Able to find efficient solutions to ensure deadlines are met
• Competitive wage based on experience and knowledge.
• Medical, prescription, dental and vision benefits.
• Basic life insurance.
• Probationary period (6 months) will apply.
This is a unique opportunity for a professional of the highest level of integrity looking for a challenge in a fast-paced dynamic organization which leads the Engineering industry in our use of technology and in our customer service. Our clients are mainly national corporate accounts with whom we have developed long standing relationships based upon trust and performance.
We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated, detail oriented, have an above average work ethic and attitude - responsible and dedicated people of the highest moral standard and integrity.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.