Responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS technologies, operating systems and application environments (RDS - MySQL, Kubernetes, Docker, Mobile Native Applications (Swift/Objective C for IOS and Kotlin, Java, and C++ for Android), Terraform, Jenkins, and Git), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
Core Role Responsibilities:
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
• Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
• Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
• Monitoring and alerting of the platform using AWS, Splunk, and various other tools
• Development and maintenance of the CI/CD pipeline to allow continual integration and deployment
Required Skills and Experience:
• AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
• DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
• Experience with Terraform and HCL Native Syntax/JSON as used by Terraform
• Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
• Operating Systems: Linux system administration.
• Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Splunk, ?????).
• Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
• Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
• Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as Git.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
• OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java).
• DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (MySQL).
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
• Typescript, NodeJS, Nest/NestJS programming skills
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
LeapFrog is an employee-based solutions firm located in Boston with a solid track record of partnering with clients on their Agile and Digital transformations. We work with these clients by bringing in entire LeapTeams of Froggers with expertise in full-stack development, automation, DevOps, Agile and our Player/Coach approach where we focus on leading by example and focusing on delivery.
We are in search of talented professionals that want to be a valued member of a team and bring their expertise, whether it be Angular, Node, AWS, Microservices, Agile leadership, etc., and be willing to share that with other Froggers, while improving on other areas learned from their teammates. This collaborative, team-first approach builds a strong self-enabled team and the results are a win-win-win for the Frogger, the client and LeapFrog!
LeapFrog Systems' employees are offered a competitive benefits package including 18 PTO days, 9 paid holidays, 70% medical and 50% dental coverage with BCBSMA, and 401k. Once on-board, our Froggers have access to our Trello boards for LeapAgile, LeapDigital, JIRA, Confluence, etc. On these boards, they can find templates to use for their work, to help learn more about areas they're lacking experience with, or invitations to Frogger RoundTable calls on Fridays to go over new developments within our network.
Aside from regularly scheduled team lunches, happy hours, and company-wide summer/winter gatherings, we are always looking to do after-work meet-ups to allow our Froggers to get to know others and share their experience with each other. LeapFrog's success comes from our ability to identify great people, set them up for success. We also provide the support our team members need, and help them grow personally and professionally, all while having fun doing it!
Phone screen with Recruiting team member, followed by a meeting with members of our team in Boston office OR Skype/phone with President, Chief Digital Officer, or one of our Practice Leads to do deeper dive on technical skills and learn more about the work our teams are doing. Being a salaried firm, meeting in-person is greatly preferred, as we want to make sure you are comfortable and excited about joining LeapFrog, just as much as we need to make sure you're a fit for our culture.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.