We are looking for an experienced back-end developer to work with our client’s e-commerce business. The ideal candidate would have experience working with large Python codebases. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and is able to work with a team early on in a project, plan and identify requirements, see a project through to completion, and mentor junior members of the team along the way.
We’re an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work to help brands work better, and our production roots ensure that every great idea gets delivered right. From branding & design, photoshoots and video production, software builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business. Oh, and we host a mean barbecue too.
We will be
An awesome place for you to grow and learn. We stay open-minded about ideas and make sure our technology is always up-to-date, because we believe the best work gets made when we evolve our skills together. thelab is large enough to get an amazing variety of work, but small enough to stay flexible and work with smaller brands and startups too—we even have a few products of our own. You’ll work on a lot of different kinds of projects, and you’ll do it with reasonable timelines, surrounded by an inclusive community who wants to see you succeed (no brogrammers, please!). And you’ll generally finish your day with plenty of time left over to meet your friends for a drink—or grab one with your new team.
What our interview process looks like:
- We’ll schedule an initial phone interview so we can get to know you, answer any questions you may have, and see if we might be a good fit for you and vice versa.
- From there, we’d want to bring you in for an onsite interview and would email you details about a general architectural problem beforehand.
- At the onsite interview, we’re looking to understand your thinking process—not your knowledge of algorithms. That’s why we won’t be asking you to do whiteboard problems, but instead, we’ll ask you to explain your high-level approach to the architectural problem we shared, articulating it to both an experienced and junior dev.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment—no lone wolf mentalities!
- Experienced in leading teams and mentoring people
- Not afraid to fail and always looking to learn from those failures
- Able to understand different approaches and comfortable learning/using both newer and older tech when it’s a better fit
- Develop server-side functionality in Python
- Deploy and manage web services using Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, and Ansible
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables occurring concurrently during a sprint
- Implementation of backend functionality on Django e-commerce websites as well as a few microservices in Django, Flask, and Node
- Comfortable supporting frontend team. Not afraid to get involved with Typescript when needed.
- Comfortable sharing code between projects with open source and private modules
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables occurring concurrently during a sprint
- Experienced in best practices like git flow and test driven development
- Looking to work on a diverse team because you enjoy hearing different opinions and ideas
Nice to haves (Not required)
- Angular (or similar React, Vue) and Node server side rendering experience
- Experience working in open source community and contributing changes
- Experience in e-commerce
- Knowledge of server side rendering techniques in Node
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
We are an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work, to help brands work better. We partner directly with clients to think big, build from scratch, and design for reality. And our production roots ensure that every great idea gets delivered right. Lean and nimble, we like moving quickly and decisively. From branding & design, production workflow solutions, e-commerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business. Oh, and we host a mean barbecue too.
Full medial/dental/vision benefits, 401k with match, great PTO, awesome work space including an outdoor deck with BBQ, dogs welcome, nice play to hang out after work if you want (with keg and video games), great snacks, breakfast every day -- and overall, a great group of people who really enjoy working together no matter whether they code, design, copywrite, produce... everyone is part of the team and we all like working and hanging out together!
We try to keep it simple -- one general phone screen with HR, a technical phone interview with someone on the hiring team, then finally an in-person interview where the candidate discusses how they would approach solving an architectural problem (we give candidates an overview of the problem ahead of time). No coding test or whiteboarding -- we just want to understand how you think and how you approach work.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.