ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a member of our engineering team, you will work on the design, implementation and delivery of data platform frameworks, pipelines, microservices, and other features that build on our high-value data assets. Your customers will include data analytics, marketing, and leadership teams as well as our Care Partners (hospitals and physicians) and external data partners, in concert with our Enterprise Data Warehouse delivery teams.
- Evaluate and build proofs of concept for Cloud PaaS and IaaS offerings for data liquidity, data management and storage, data pipelines built on both traditional ETL as well as streaming platforms, master data management, data stewardship, record-linkage, NLP services, and more.
- Write traditional code and server-less functions using the right language for the task, which may be SQL, Python, C#, Java, PowerShell, SSIS/BIML, and others.
- Participate in build-buy-open source decisions for parsing and managing industry standard formats such as FHIR/NDJSON, pipe-and-hat HL7, and x12 EDI.
- Evaluate, select, and apply Cloud and OO design and resiliency patterns.
- Build APIs and data microservices to share our data with internal and external partners, and write interfaces to public data sets to enrich our analytics data stores.
- Provide subject matter expertise on performance tuning and query optimization to full-stack peers, data analysts, and EDW developers.
- Participate in building and owning a DevOps culture.
- Continuously document your code, framework standards, and team processes
Education, Training and Professional Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment
- Extensive experience developing data-intensive solutions against an RDBMS, such as SQL Server, Postgres or Oracle.
- Highly skilled writing SQL queries, DML and DDL, CDC/change tracking patterns, indexes and performance tuning.
- Proficiency in using OOTB components, as well as implementing custom components or frameworks, on at least one traditional ETL platform, preferably SSIS, Informatica, or Talend.
- Team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning team victories as well as team failures.
- Good communicator – both written and verbal – with high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to focus on MVP and shipping software while remaining cognizant of the long-term costs of technical debt.
- Healthcare data background a must.
- MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Company subsidized health benefits including dental, vision and medical insurance. Open PTO program. Commuter/Parking subsidy. Safe harbor 401K where the company puts 3% of your total earnings into it and you are immediately vested.
React, Node, Docker, Kubernetes, SSIS, Python, Azure, .NET/C#, PowerBI, SharePoint.
Recruiter phone screen > Hiring Manager Phone Screen > Onsite Interview > References > Offer
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.