The Sr. Data Engineer is a hands-on role responsible for building and maintaining big data pipelines to support advanced analytics and data science solutions. The sr. data engineer identifies and deeply understands valuable internal and external data and collaborates closely with data scientists to wrangle data for the design, development, and deployment of new solutions that support clients’s strategic business priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related quantitative field of study
• 4+ years of hands-on professional data engineering experience
• Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, datasets, and architectures
• Strong experience working with Python, Pandas, and Spark
• Highly skilled in manipulating big data using HDFS/Hadoop ecosystem tools
• Strong knowledge of distributed computing and performance optimization
• Familiarity with modern machine learning techniques
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical thinking and skills
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Natural sense of urgency, teamwork, and collaboration reflected in daily work ethic
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Master’s degree in computer science or related quantitative field of study
• 2+ years of professional experience delivering engineering for advanced analytics or data science solutions
• Agile methodologies
• Data visualization tools, including Qlik
• Develop and maintain optimal data pipelines into the advanced analytics platform, including design of data flows, procedures, and schedules
• Collaborate with data scientists to prepare data for model development
• Understand and contribute to the models and machine learning methods developed and deployed
• Collaborate with stakeholders and advanced analytics business partners to understand business needs and translate requirements into scalable data engineering solutions
• Collaborate with sr. data architect on the enhancement of the advanced analytics platform
• Collaborate with data visualization and reporting application developers to ensure the sustainability of production applications and reports
• Update and modify data pipelines to ensure ongoing quality for production solutions, including the identification, design, and implementation of improvements in processing of data
• Provide leadership to third-party contractors
• Protect clients’s reputation by keeping information confidential
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.