Senior Operations Engineer
Tyler Technologies creates some of the world’s most cutting-edge software products to help local governments thrive with a healthy digital infrastructure. We’re rapidly growing, and we want you to be a part of our Appraisal & Tax Division. We are looking for a Senior Operations Engineer to provide support for operations and maintenance of client infrastructure hosting mission-critical and business essential enterprise applications.
Work with our technology-driven solutions for property assessment and tax software and mass appraisal services. From data collection to computer-assisted mass appraisal to tax billing and collections, you can help develop appraisal and tax solutions for the public sector.
Location – Dayton, OH
• Provide support for internal environments used in day-to-day software development, implementation and support as required
• Work with other departments and divisions within Tyler Technologies to guarantee client issues will be resolved in a timely manner that is acceptable to the client and achievable by staff
• Respond to incoming issues while managing projects of moderate to high-level complexity for strategic clients
• Document and record all aspects of client interactions in designated client management systems to promote transparency and understanding of technical issues.
• Identify and meet service measurements and metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Take ownership for assessing training and education needs for both staff and clients, and provide the needed training through various methods
• Engineer and implement applications, middleware and/or operating system changes and maintenance of associated standards and operational procedure documentation.
• Responsible for the assessment and operational transition of newly built application infrastructure to assure compliance to standards, quality and that only -production-ready- infrastructure is promoted.
• Partner closely with development organization and other corresponding delivery functions in support of high-quality solution delivery.
• Recommend and help lead process improvement initiatives to help create efficiencies.
• Provide technical leadership and oversight in the adherence to IT operation policies, effective engagement and execution of IT service management and delivery processes and continually drive capability improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ MIS or comparable work experience.
• Over 8+ years of experience in the IT industry
• Excellent knowledge of installing, configuring and supporting Oracle and Microsoft SQL RDBMS installations.
• Experience in installations, configuration, management, administration and maintenance of Windows, Unix, and/or Linux servers.
• Good working knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, .NET, LDAP, Active Directory, XML, Web Services, authentication protocols, SSH, SFTP
• Working knowledge of server hardware and network configurations, including web servers.
• Well versed in web application security and ability to work with security professionals to insure a secure web application platform
• Excellent research, analytical and troubleshooting knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot level II escalations, PC configurations and connectivity issues.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written for both technical and non-technical concepts) including the ability to present technical information effectively to individuals and small groups.
• Must possess strong leadership and collaboration skills with an ability to train, lead and mentor a team.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of product architecture and related technologies.
• Possesses a proven track record of staying current with technology and consulting successfully with clients exhibiting sound judgment and presenting recommendations and new ideas to create efficiencies, improvements and solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional demeanor.
• Working familiarity with SSRS Installation
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.