Join the hundreds of talented and innovative team members who are making an impact every day at one of the most iconic media brands in the nation. Whether you love to tell compelling stories or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the Los Angeles Times team is the place to be.
Job Description Summary
At the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union Tribune we have entered the next chapter and are investing in the future of journalism. Together, we are looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer to manage and improve our service infrastructure by automating deployments and setting up monitoring, synthetics, aggregated logging and other tools providing observability. Experience running Kubernetes or ECS in production is a must. He/she will work collaboratively with engineering to design, deploy, and maintain the infrastructure powering our digital platform
We view our publications as the voice and inspiration for our cities, our state, the nation and the world. Join us on the Product Development team as we build a new foundation for our future.
- Maximize up-time for core infrastructure components such as databases, continuous deployment tools, testing and production environments
- Rotating on-call coverage for nights and weekends to provide 24-hour support
- Setup and maintain tools for monitoring, logging, synthetics, and alerting (experience with DataDog a bonus)
- Correlate application performance to logs and underlying infrastructure metrics
- Manage infrastructure costs by optimizing scaling behavior and resource usage
- Follow engineering best practices related to coding standards and code reviews
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- 4+ years experience running enterprise-grade web services at scale
- Expert-level experience with running core AWS services at scale
- Experience using CloudFormation or Terraform to manage infrastructure-as-code
- Experience running Kubernetes or ECS in production
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to translate technology-related jargon to diverse groups of technical and non-technical users
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to develop technical documents
- Self-motivation with ability to perform quality work within deadlines and budget with or without direct supervision
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skill
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
This position will work out of our El Segundo, CA or San Diego office.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.