OrbitalRX, the pharmacy automation software company, is growing! We are seeking an experienced software engineer with primarily a backend focus to help us expand our application and infrastructure, scale up to more customers, and build out new applications, data pipelines, and tools.
This position will involve the following types of work on a day to day basis:
- Implementing new functionality in our web application
- Architecting new web applications for different users/use cases
- Debugging customer issues and fixing them
- Co-managing our AWS infrastructure to build for ease of growth and scale
- Building infrastructure to deliver data to our internal stakeholders and our customers
Here’s a bit about some of the qualities we’re looking for:
- You write clean, understandable code
- You are highly proficient with Python and SQL
- You have well-formed opinions about code structure and architecture
- You have strong analytical skill and can follow the trail to dig out the root cause of a bug, identify patterns of user issues and solve them with code or architecture improvements
- You are driven to learn and improve: while your experience gives you good instincts toward good solutions, you respect that other experienced engineers may have differing and equally valid ideas, and you enjoy discussing, learning, and coming to consensus
- You’re familiar with AWS and have used services such as Lambda, RDS, S3, Cloudwatch, Cognito
- You communicate and collaborate well and enjoy working closely with other technologists, domain experts, and users
- You demonstrate integrity and respect with everyone you interact with
- The reason you get out of bed in the morning is to make the world a better place
These are a few things we’d really love to see:
- You know what makes a great API, and you’ve worked with GraphQL
- You’ve used data visualization libraries and written pipelines to get clean data to BI tools
- You’ve built something with Go, or you’ve tinkered with it and want to learn more
- You’ve managed deployment infrastructure using Terraform and Cloudformation
This is a typical “startup” role in that there’s a bit of everything, and a lot of room to grow, though not a ton of structure. If you’re self-motivated, eager to learn and solve real problems, and happy to take on challenges and opportunities that come up as the company succeeds, you will thrive with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
OrbitalRX is developing smart, integrated software solutions for hospital pharmacy.
Flexible hours and WFH, team lunches and activities
PostgreSQL, AWS Serverless, Go, Python, React
Round 1 - Phone interview (technical parts)
Round 2 - Technical interview (2-3 hours, on-site if possible, remote otherwise)
Round 3 - Meet the whole company!
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.