This, Senior Manager Engineering Operations, role will directly oversee Eden Prairie Engineering Operations planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new and existing products. Will ensure the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs. Responsible to develop systems to maintain reports and record keeping of company products
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement through leadership in DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve and control) problem-solving
• Participate in product improvement and implementation strategies from marketing inception to product obsolescence
• Lead the operations engineers through the implementation of turn key engineering activities for 3D printer assemblies / subassemblies both locally and overseas:
• Defines and ensures the compliance to quality standards through FAI (first artical inspection) processes
• Supports the development of a Statement of Work (SOW) for Turn Key suppliers
• Contributes to the selection and development of sub-contractors to reduce cost, improve quality, effectively transfer assembly lines, subassemblies and mechanical / electro-mechanical parts
• Continuously improving product quality, productivity, process efficiency, and customer satisfaction
• Partners with the quality team to define and monitor process equipment calibration
• Foster good communication and teamwork within plant environment to meet and execute on schedules
• Manage, develop and coach a team of Engineer professionals
• Provide daily work direction to the organization, communicate company expectation metrics, and manage performance and improvement activities
• Set cross-functional standards to ensure that the company’s internal and external customers are satisfied
• Develop department budget and manage costs
• Ensures a robust integration and change management process is in place to lead the team
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline; mechanical, industrial, or chemical
• 15+ years of experience in a complex high technology hardware and software based product environment
• 6+ years of experience in quality management
• Six Sigma black belt including statistical analysis, quantitative and analytical problem-solving ability
• 6+ years of demonstrated experience in transforming assembly to contract manufacturing, initiating design(s) for contract manufacturing transitions, etc.
• Proven experience working in global, cross functional teams
• Quality management experience in an ISO 9001:2015 and/or AS9100 environment including familiarity with international quality standards, quality auditing and management of a QMS.
• 10% Travel
• Master’s degree in Engineering and/or Business or related field
• 6+ years of experience in managing Engineering teams
• 6 +years of experience in mechanical design using Solidworks and Product Data Management tools (PDM/EDM) – experience with Agile is an advantage
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Stratasys has been at the forefront of 3D printing innovation for 30 years. We are trusted worldwide by leading manufacturers and groundbreaking designers, makers, thinkers and doers.
Stratasys manufactures 3D printing equipment and materials that create physical objects directly from digital data. Its systems range from affordable desktop 3D printers to large, advanced 3D production systems, making 3D printing more accessible than ever. Manufacturers use Stratasys 3D Printers to create models and prototypes for new product design and testing, and to build finished goods in low volume. Educators use the technology to elevate research and learning in science, engineering, design and art. Hobbyists and entrepreneurs use Stratasys 3D Printing to expand manufacturing into the home - creating gifts, novelties, customized devices and inventions. The company maintains dual headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minnesota and Rehovot, Israel. It is a public company that trades on NASDAQ under the symbol SSYS.
As an employee, you have the opportunity to unlimited printing with cool cutting edge 3D technology!
This process varies. Usually a phone screen with a TA professional, then the hiring manager. In-person interview will follow.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.