Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated senior technical manager to coach, grow, and partner with a global team of technically skilled, customer-facing Specialist Solutions Architects in support of VMware Cloud on AWS. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based technical domain experts and solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, specialized solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity for our specialized services. In collaboration with the World Wide Public Sector Partner and Sales teams, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
As a Specialist Solutions Architect Sr. Manager specializing in VMware Cloud on AWS, you will lead a global team of VMware-focused AWS Specialist Solution Architects and have the opportunity to work directly with VMware product and engineering teams, AWS customers, VMware customers, and partners looking to integrate this service with their products and service offerings. VMware Cloud on AWS allows customers to run VMware's Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack and leverage VMware's virtualization and management software to seamlessly deploy and manage VMware workloads across their on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS environments.
The ideal candidate have a deep technical knowledge of and hands-on experience with VMware technologies such as ESXi, NSX, and vSAN as well as a strong understanding software architecture and cloud computing. In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible with both AWS and VMware as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team.
You must enjoy learning and introducing new features and technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members maintain and grow their AWS and VMware knowledge as well as refine speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as security and compliance, services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Have a strong understanding of data center and global enterprise networking operations. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects (or technically oriented professional services teams). You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. In fact, it would be expected that you still maintain responsibility supporting customers as a Solutions Architect and can step in where required to provide technical expertise.
Roles and Responsibilities
· As a leader within the Specialist Solutions Architecture management team, you will ensure success in helping customers accelerate their adoption of our specialized services and that of VMware Cloud on AWS
· In partnership with the global WWPS Partner and Sales teams, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
· Hire, on-board, and enable new VMware-focused Specialist Solutions Architects globally from both internal and external sources
· Step into a Specialist Solutions Architect role when required to support our customer base
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Guide and motivate the development of artifacts, data sheets, proof of concept best practices, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
· Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
Candidates must have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress AWS and VMware customers and partners at any level, from executive to developer.
· 7+ years in customer-facing positions
· 7+ years in a data center operations, data center transformation, and/or have lead large-scale data center migrations in a leadership role
· 5+ years leading and growing global virtual teams
· 5+ years hands-on technical experience working VMware and/or AWS
· 7+ years in highly technical roles
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Experience working with customers in highly regulated industries that have requirements for working with one or more security and compliance regimes (e.g. FedRAMP Moderate, FedRAMP High, DoD SRG, HIPPA, PCI, etc.)
· An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics or previous experience in a similar role is preferred
· AWS Solutions Architecture Certification (Associate or Professional)
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Strong knowledge of information security best practices
· Experience with data center networks and network topologies
· Expert software architecture skills and experience building complex software systems
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online.
Employee assistance program; stock options; adoption assistance; employee discount.
PostgreSQL, C, C++, C#, AWS, Java, Python, Ruby, Linux, Unix
Tech screen prior to conversation with hiring manager; extensive onsite with possible second round.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.