OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Sr Network Admin position requires an IT-focused individual with excellent communication and organizational skills. Under general guidance, the Sr Network Admin will support the internal network and users. This position requires the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment and maintain a high level of professionalism, courtesy, customer service and ethics.
Day to Day
• Plan and perform Server Migrations to new hardware.
• Perform Office 365 Migrations from Exchange or 3rd party e-mail.
• Setting Backup Disaster recovery Servers with company DR Solution.
• Configure and install Vmware and Hyper V Hosts.
• Migrate 3rd party applications to new Windows Server Operating Systems
• Image and build laptops/endpoints
• Ensure documentation is thorough and correct before closing projects.
• Visit Client Sites to perform IT day to day support and duties
• Preform Site Assessments for potential new clients and ability to produce written reports of findings and provide recommendations
• Perform Server Health Checks
• Suggest hardware/software needs for clients.
• Assist with trouble tickets when additional help desk support is needed
• Build, configure and install various vendor firewalls and wireless access points
• Set up VPN’s (Client and Site to Site)
• Assists with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies
• Accurate documentation of client systems, infrastructure and applications.
• Recognize and rectify future problems that can be addressed now.
• Report any inventory needed or materials used.
• Inform Sales Team of possible new business or hardware opportunities.
• Perform proactive tasks with high level of detail.
• Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• 5+ years supporting a Windows Desktop environment (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10)
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with third party applications
• Ability to communicate effectively & work well in a team environment
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Core TCP/IP Services
• Advanced knowledge of managing and maintaining server environments
• Advanced knowledge of Active Directory
• Firewall / VPN Connectivity
• Citrix / Terminal Services
• Hypervisor (VMware/Hyper-V)
• Disaster Recovery/High-availability/Backup solutions
• Storage Area Networks (Dell, Cybernetics etc)
• Experience with Office 365
• Experience working in the IT consulting industry
• 5+ years working in a consulting/project based environment
• A+, Network +, Security +, Comptia Certifications
• General Knowledge of Current Technology
We offer a generous compensation package. Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, the following benefits are included:
• 10 Paid Holidays
• Health insurance benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
• Network Admin/Engineer: 5 years (Required)
• Networking: 5 years (Required)
• Desktop Support and Customer Service: 4 years (Required)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.