· Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, logical and verifiable.
· Maintain effective communication with developers throughout the software development life cycle.
· Create and maintain methods and test plans for new and existing products.
· Execute test methodologies in order to verify functionality and performance ahead of release to the customers.
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities and methodologies.
· Design, develop and document test automation and application frameworks
· Design, develop and document sophisticated test automation class libraries
· Help identify and implement testability features (such as detection mechanisms) in the application components under test
· Help to define, establish, and improve QA metrics across various platform components
· Provide mentorship and training to other QA engineers in coding guidelines/test
· Coach other Quality Engineers in best software engineering practices in test automation and design
Enrolled in or have completed a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
5+ years as a QA Test Automation Engineer
5+ years coding experience in Perl, Python, Java or C/C++
Ability to gain an understanding of complex systems, how they integrate, and their operation in a wide variety of circumstances.
Experience with Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, MRCP, DNS
A Strong technical background that ideally includes exposure to Java based development architecture, Linux, SQL, SCM, and Agile methodology.
Strong knowledge of automation tools and frameworks such as Selenium, JUnit, and TestNG
Experience working in a Java/J2EE environment
Experience debugging and capturing backend failures and network issues
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong attention to detail/thoroughness
Self-motivated, pro-active and able to multi-task
Experience using testing tools such as JMeter, NUnit or Selenium
Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Ruby, Python or Perl
Experience with continuous automation/test tools such as Jenkins/Hudson
Understanding of relational databases and SQL
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.