As a motivated and self-driven member of the Technology organization, the Quality Assurance Test Engineer will be responsible for assuring consistent, high quality testing standards are utilized on all products and systems
Test engineer is responsible for planning and executing manual and automated testing activities on new and existing products to ensure that they meet the Business, Functional and Technical specifications and maintain high overall product quality. The Test Engineer will interface with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Software Developers, End Users and Scrum Masters to deliver products with quality and on schedule.
This is a hands-on testing position which requires deep knowledge and understanding of all aspects of planning, developing and executing project testing. The Test Engineer must be an advocate for all things Testing and Quality Assurance while driving and implementing best practices.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Review business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, design, and architecture documents in order to create effective test plans.
• Become an expert in system functionality and architecture.
• Develop, modify, and execute software test plans.
• Maintain documentation of test results.
• Report and track defects through system of record.
• Collaborate with Software Developers to determine the root cause of issues.
• Participate in requirements and development reviews.
• Participate in Agile Scrum ceremonies.
• Ensuring traceability from requirements through test cases.
• Build a best-in-class regression suite.
• Be a thought leader in the test design and execution arena (manual and automated).
• Identify process bottlenecks and suggest actions for improvement.
• Stay abreast of emerging technologies and testing approaches.
• Assist leadership with defining and improving the overall QA process.
• Provide estimates and timeframe necessary for testing a project to ensure a high-quality implementation.
• Close interaction with business and technical peers during the project life cycle.
• Creation and input of test data, either manually or by using tools, programs or masked production data to execute test cases.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area.
• At least 8 years of extensive professional experience in Test Strategy, Test Design, Test Execution analysis & reporting.
• Deep understanding of Development and Test cycles, including respective best practices.
• Strong hands-on experience in Regression Test Strategies, Regression suite maintenance and execution.
• Strong hands-on experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Strong hands-on experience using SQL queries for results validation and data mining.
• Strong hands-on experience with API testing.
• Hands-on experience with Automated Testing tools such as Selenium, SoapUI, TestComplete etc...
• Hands-on experience with one or more scripting languages (C#, Python, JS, PowerShell etc..)
• Experience in Mobile and Web testing.
• Hands-on experience with Jira, ALM, TFS or similar systems of record.
• Strong ability to troubleshoot issues, identifying root causes and support development team in development of resolutions.
• Coding and development experience are a plus.
• Hands-on experience with MDM testing is a plus.
• Hands-on experience with Security testing is a plus.
• Strong communication and Client/Business interfacing and interpersonal skills are a must
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.