Senior Site Reliability Engineer
• Hands-on design, analysis, development and troubleshooting of highly-distributed large-scale production systems and event-driven services spanning on-prem and AWS based hosting
• Ownership of reliability, uptime, system security, cost, operations, capacity and performance-analysis
• Share a 24x7 on-call rotation with your team and respond to incidents; lead triage bridges during incidents and provide needed status updates
• Create and maintain monitoring, alerting and dashboarding solutions that improve the visibility into our applications' performance and business metrics and keep operational workload in-check.
• Use automation technologies to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, reduce time to action and repair services
• Participate in technical training events and game day scenarios
• Partner with engineering, security, performance, qa and product management teams to improve the availability and quality of service of our products
• Strong Linux administration/build/management skills
• Development experience in at least one of these languages: Java, Go, C# and/or Python; Strong skills in reading, understanding and writing code in the same
• Demonstrated expertise building and managing highly scaled production infrastructure in on-prem and AWS based environments
• Extensive experience troubleshooting n-tier architectures with diverse sets of technologies strongly desired. (e.g. load balancers, web/app/caching/database servers, queues, threading, memory, cpu, heap, storage, network, os)
• Strong experience using application and infrastructure monitoring systems (like Splunk, Cloudwatch, Datadog, New Relic, Sumologic, ELK)
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Mastery of infrastructure automation technologies (like Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
• Expertise with continuous deployment based software development lifecycles (e.g. CI/CD)
• Experience with common middleware (e.g., Apache, NGINX, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss)
• Experience with SQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL)
• Expertise with SDLC branching, SCM, and code deployment systems (git/gitflow, Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, etc.)
• Expertise in container/container-fleet-orchestration technologies (like Docker, Vagrant, Mesosphere)
• BS Degree in Computer Science (or related technical field and/or equivalent industry experience)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.