Basic Purpose of Position: Demonstrate knowledge, expertise and understanding of software engineering principles, and concepts toward research, support, design and development of embedded and application software. Work with other engineering and functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of equipment, machinery and resources.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, code and test embedded and application software individually and leading or as a member of a small team. Support designs with analysis, simulations and calculations. Performs risk, failure and root cause analysis as required.
• Identifies, provides recommendations for and evaluates critical project concerns, material changes, equipment specifications, design enhancements and cost improvement/reduction suggestions on assigned projects.
• Prepares software requirements, design documentation, test protocols, test reports, and other similar documentation. Keeps accurate and complete records of engineering changes and related activities (including identifying cost/impact).
• Participates in field tests, demonstrations, training, and presentations to technicians, customers, and other departments. Supports bid and proposal activities.
• Support other software engineers in the software development process.
• Interface with other design personnel to design, execute and test prototype software builds.
• Participate in product software failure analysis activities and compile test and failure analysis reports.
• May provide training and/or direction to technicians.
• May require participation in product field tests requiring travel.
• Use Sparton policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
• Education/Experience: Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar equivalent and 7+ years of applicable experience working with embedded software products. Experience with software verification test protocols and design documentation. Knowledge of full software development lifecycle required. Medical experience and familiarity with IEC 62304 is highly preferred.
• Computer Skills: Experience with C and C++ code development and debugging on microprocessors, DSPs, and single board computers. Other languages like C# and Java a plus. Experience with microprocessors and low-level I/O. Experience using and developing on Linux platform. Experience developing Qt applications. Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of software tools (requirements, compiler, assemblers, debuggers, programmers, JTAG, etc). Experience developing Android and iOS mobile apps a plus.
• Language Ability: Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, schematics, datasheets, financial reports, and legal documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Able
to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to write technical report and participate in presentations.
• Math Ability: Able to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Able to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Able to draw solutions from training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems. Able to use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
• Time Management: Must show high initiative, be self-motivated, and have ability to act independently on technical matters. Able to track and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment while juggling several simultaneous projects. Able to take ownership of projects and drive them to a successful conclusion.
Local candidates only will be considered.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.